Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Frog Whisperer
40,922 Posts
I keep them on my pda.....and encoded program from same

(also password protected, I lose that one I am up sh!t creek without a paddle)

·
Collin's Dad
1,858 Posts
Login's are 1 of 2 names, passwords that have no tie in to buying anything are 1 of 2 passwords, passwords for sites that I buy stuff with is 1 of 2 with numbers, capitalizations, and characters.

When I forget one, I register everything to the same email addy, so I can always request a password reset or user id.

·
hello
3,394 Posts
I use a secret formula for each site. :D

·
Jerkhard Sirdribbledick
27,036 Posts
I use variations of 3 different passwords.

·
Misfit Toy
23,428 Posts
Norton Password Manager

ETA: I don't have PM remember any passwords that access bank account, credit cards, etc.

·
What the Hell is going on
5,152 Posts
On my work computer I have 4 login/passwords for different access to different programs on our network. We're required to change our password every 60 days and the password has to be 14 characters long. It cannot be a word you find in the dictionary, has to have at least one character, at least one Capital letter and one number.

To remember all that, I do what everyone else does in the office: keep a list of all passwords taped on the bottom of the keyboard.

So much for security.

·
eminence grease
18,538 Posts
Dave Hickey said:
I have many different logins and passwords for various websites.

How do you keep track of them?

I'm hesitant to put them in a file on my computer...
I use a standard root word for all of them and put a meaningful number on the end. Reasonable strength.

I keep them in an Excel file in an explanatory manner like "Dave Hickey's age plus my standard." Someone could steal the file and/or the computer and not really make much of it.

·
Call me a Fred
16,999 Posts
I keep them listed on my Facebook.

·
Registered
529 Posts
I keep inconsequential passwords like forum login information in a Google document. Anything involving money or confidence I keep in my head.

·
Game on, b*tches!
13,467 Posts
Pretty much the same for me, although, on a few sites, I can't use them, then I'm screwed...

·
No team-cest unless 8+!
7,158 Posts
passwords for work written on post-it notes stuck to monitor... usually something like "asdf1234" :p

head for anything that matters. no formula, no pattern... complete nonsense, includes non-alpha numeric characters and capital letters. no password used twice.

·
Devoid of all flim-flam
7,284 Posts
3x5 file cards in a little box, sorted alphabetically..

·
jaded bitter joy crusher
19,723 Posts
JaeP said:
To remember all that, I do what everyone else does in the office: keep a list of all passwords taped on the bottom of the keyboard.

So much for security.
Rule number one of computer security is that once someone has physical access to your computer, passwords don't matter: if they want your data they can get it.

If someone can read the post-its under your keyboard, they can just as easily install a hardware key logger, so you might as well use post its.

·
Kilt wearing, old man
1,662 Posts
A 2" three-ring binder. With lots of handwritten pages.:eek:

FWIW, OEH would have problems reading my handwritting. My script would make Dr. Stalker's look neat and tidy.:cryin:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts