Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Masters Neophyte
2,236 Posts
I'm with ya.
Hogs the microphone too.
(and mispronounces everything possible!)

· Registered
5,671 Posts
you mean this guy - winner of us pro championship in 1982 and 1983 and first to put together a US team to race a grand tour (1984 Giro)? Also developed and promoted numerous races in the US in the last 25 years. I think he knows what he's talking about calling a race...

· vexatious enigma
4,893 Posts
stevesbike said:
you mean this guy - winner of us pro championship in 1982 and 1983 and first to put together a US team to race a grand tour (1984 Giro)? Also developed and promoted numerous races in the US in the last 25 years. I think he knows what he's talking about calling a race...

It also appears that he had an awesome stache too.

· Registered
1,808 Posts
I don't question his knowledge, but his commentating was terrible, as was that of his boothmates. The camera work left something to be desired, too; most every attack occurred while the camera was focused on the mayor or some such, and would swing back after the gap was already made. Closing on a positive note, I was grateful for the coverage, and it was a good hard race.

· Registered
3,245 Posts
There were many when Eustice would get stuck. Go Go jumped in and saved him every time. I getting to like Go Go.

· Registered
2,699 Posts
stevesbike said:
I think you're doing Robin Morton a disservice. Eustice rode on the team but she was the manager and team organiser.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.