Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was sitting in a meeting the other day when one of the participants burst out in laughter and asked whether I was sure I wasn't spending too much time on my bike. When I looked at him quizzically, he pointed to the back of my hand:

· gastarbeiter
1,524 Posts
i've got a good friend who gets a wierd helmet strap/air vents tan line on his face and head. that's what you get for riding for 2 hours over lunch almost every workday ;)

Beethoven said:
I was sitting in a meeting the other day when one of the participants burst out in laughter and asked whether I was sure I wasn't spending too much time on my bike. When I looked at him quizzically, he pointed to the back of my hand:/QUOTE]

· RoadBikeReview's Member
5,513 Posts
iliveonnitro said:
That brings me to a question. Is it wrong to ride in lyrca shorts and no shirt on?
Get your trainer, or a bike stand, or something. Set it up parallel to a mirror. Get on in lycra shorts and no shirt.
if you don't go anorexic upon seeing yourself, you'll just be mildly... majorly disgusted. it looks HORRID, IMHO. and i'm one of those guys who sometimes rides with a white sock and a black sock...
-estone2
ps a triathlon, maybe...

· Resident Dutchbag
11,941 Posts
iliveonnitro said:
Is it wrong to ride in lyrca shorts and no shirt on?
I just threw up a little.

· Registered
1,939 Posts
A few weeks ago I had very noticable red lines on my head. I had gotten burned through the vents of my helmet. While most kept their mouth shut, a few co-workers let me have it.

G

·
Beethoven said:
I was sitting in a meeting the other day when one of the participants burst out in laughter and asked whether I was sure I wasn't spending too much time on my bike. When I looked at him quizzically, he pointed to the back of my hand:

Holy cow!

Someone still wears the crotched gloves!

I loved those, I'd still wear 'em if I knew where I could get them.

· RoadBikeReview's Member
5,513 Posts
toomanybikes said:
Holy cow!

your LBS trek dealer sells Trek brand crotcheted gloves.
~$12. I'm sure there's a local trek... it's an ominpresence after all. (my garage has been taken over :p )

· Shirtcocker
60,886 Posts
iliveonnitro said:
I've never looked at myself in the mirror w/lycra and no shirt on, it's usually jersey first and put the lycra on very last.

Thanks for the popular HELL NO answers, I won't be trying this...

Oh, and the picture wasn't necessary haha :eek:
Bikerfox is so hot right now

· What the Hell is going on
5,904 Posts
My LBS

toomanybikes said:
Holy cow!

A long time ago in a galaxy far, far, away . . . ahem . . . I walked into my LBS once with the exact same bikers tan and the salesperson said to me that they give 20% off for people with a bikers tan. I said "really!?!?".

"Naw, just kidding. Nice biker's tan though".

· Registered
2,771 Posts
Its totaly fine to go sans shirt on a bike. You just have to have the right equipment.

baggy shorts are a must. Bike should be a bmx or old dirt cheep MTB but a cruiser is the best option. Helmets are not allowed. It is perfered you carry the half empty case of PBR in the right hand. Unless you have a coaster brake in which any hand will due. Sandles are perfered but if you must wear tennies, go no socks.

and for the ladies, its always OK to go sans top.
just stay away from the streets, the distracted drivers will hurt someone.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.