Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
2,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My concern is the $100k or more that LA donated to the UCI's fight against doping. Surely it's wrong for an athlete to give money to them and in turn wrong for them to accept?

How can they be seen to be impartial when they're in hock to LA for a $100k?

When you consider that LA was somewhat negative toward Christophe Bassons, one wonders what his true motives were.

· Resident Dutchbag
11,941 Posts
It was highly unprofessional from the UCI to accept the donation(s) and it would have been prudent for LA to make them anonymously. The whole thing stinks of corruption, but that's nothing strange in the sports business, unfortunately.

· Registered
2,342 Posts
greenwashing

I don't know if it's ethical, probably not. I can't see any context in which it seems like a good idea. I do think it's alot like what enviros like to call "greenwashing", using a token act of apparent good faith to deflect attention from the negative impact of your other actions. Goes nicely with LA constantly claiming to be "the most tested athlete in the world", or now his ridiculous apparent attempt to get pound in trouble. good luck with that one....if LA was really interested in ridding cycling of doping he wouldn't kneecap every cyclist that breaks the omerta, like bassons or simeoni, nor would he likely have kept ferarri on his payroll forever.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.