Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I know this "Colnago" is at the best semi-legit!

Hope to get some help in this forum to determine my case!

What got me on the track of illigemacy is the fork-end on the back - normally it would have "colnago brev" lettering, but here it has Shomano SIS.

However, the Bottom Bracket and and other details look Colnago (like)!

I also read that Colnago frames only has two brake cable guides on the top tube, not three?

Tak e a look at the pics and please tell me your insights!

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
Doubt

Looks like Prugnat lugs. I don't believe Colnago ever used Prugnat lugs. It's from the 70's, mid 70's or earlier and agree with the OP that the detail work is not consistent with Colnago's of that era.

peter.bjerg said:
I know this "Colnago" is at the best semi-legit!

Hope to get some help in this forum to determine my case!

What got me on the track of illigemacy is the fork-end on the back - normally it would have "colnago brev" lettering, but here it has Shomano SIS.

However, the Bottom Bracket and and other details look Colnago (like)!

I also read that Colnago frames only has two brake cable guides on the top tube, not three?

Tak e a look at the pics and please tell me your insights!

·
Registered
460 Posts
wrong

the cutouts are so bad, i think ernesto would not mistake his own logo "fleur" the bottom bracket cutout is ridiculous. the seatstay tops look like a schwinn paramount. If you check the geometry I bet it would not meet a colnago standard. Shimano on this = fake. if you ever take it apart I bet you will find some clue.

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Who cares, that frame is in terrible condition. Even if it was a Colnago, it wouldn't be worth a lot. Might as well turn it into a winter beater bike (maybe a single speed).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.