Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to the SS world. I recently purchased an All City Nature Boy as a do it all bike. I did a 30 mile ride last week and was amazed! I didn't feel different after I finished than if I used a geared bike. I could have done many more miles if time allowed. Do you guys use your SS as a distance bike? If so, how far do you typically go?

·
Registered
300 Posts
nature boy is a really nice bike - enjoy & plz post pics...

is yours set up with bigger tires? like a sscx? how is your terrain? if you get your gearing right, with not much climbing or headwind, one gear can be as easy as & more enjoyable than a derailler bike.

i'm in a very flat area but i do have to fight the wind a lot. i ride fixed gear...a roadied-up track bike, tons of miles including regular metrics, the occasional imperial, & have even gone on what i consider to be a few "ultra" rides.

doesn't matter how far others are going as long as you feel good about what you do.

have fun & good luck...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
NB came with Kenda Small Block 8's. I have it fitted with Schwalbe Marathon Mondial 35's that I was using on my '13 Spec Crux (now selling). The terrain here is rolling. Some climbs are 50-80 ft. in a .5 mile stretch.

Stock canti brakes not very good for urban areas. I would love to change out the brakes to Paul Comp Mini Moto's.

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
I did a ride last weekend that is a 206 in 2 days, I've done it on a single speed before. I've used that ride as a early season training opportunity on SS. I did 1/2 of it this past weekend, but used the geared bike for the first time this year. No real limit with SS if you got the legs. Saw a guy do bike ride around Tenn a few years ago on a SS, regular iron man for +65 yo.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.