Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
likes to eat donuts
827 Posts
Big Laurent Jalabert fan here!

That bike's absolutely beautiful. But why did they get that old guy to show it off? :p

Awesome Dick Dale music for the soundtrack too!

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
piano said:
That bike's absolutely beautiful. But why did they get that old guy to show it off? :p !
Cause a younger guy couldn't afford it.

·
Just Plain Bitter
8,602 Posts
Check the Look forum for it. We have been debating it since July. Beautiful bike except for the bent top tube that makes it look like a 566. All other aspects of the bike are amazing.

·
Not Banned
49,013 Posts
that stem

is fugly
and why the dang techno at the end???

·
Carbon Fiber = Explode!
3,438 Posts
Wow... I guess now I change my graduation present to a 695 instead of a 595...

·
Just Plain Bitter
8,602 Posts
SilentAssassin said:
Looks good. I hope the chinese generic carbon version is released soon.
Look bikes are not manufactured in China. They are manufactured in Look's own plant in Tunisia. They are one of the few that still keeps manufacturing in house. They have not outsourced any of their frame production as of this time.

·
Registered
112 Posts
piano said:
That bike's absolutely beautiful. But why did they get that old guy to show it off? :p

Awesome Dick Dale music for the soundtrack too!
Isn't that "old" guy Laurent Jalabert? Seems like that is what I read in another post, wouldn't want to challenge that old guy.
Rusty

·
The Bike Genie
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
rward325 said:
Look bikes are not manufactured in China. They are manufactured in Look's own plant in Tunisia. They are one of the few that still keeps manufacturing in house. They have not outsourced any of their frame production as of this time.
Hmmm.. I was under the impression that the French/Tunisian frames were their high end (595, 585, 695, etc.) while their lower lines (555, 566, etc.) were manufactured in Asia.

·
Carbon Fiber = Explode!
3,438 Posts
DanTourino said:
Hmmm.. I was under the impression that the French/Tunisian frames were their high end (595, 585, 695, etc.) while their lower lines (555, 566, etc.) were manufactured in Asia.
From my understanding the high end 595/585 were still made in France

While the low end in Tunisia 555/566...

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.