Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Family, training and work (In my personal priority there) don't leave a lot of time to watch, even with the DVR.

How is the shortened version?

I like to see the crashes and attacks to a certain extent, but it's not required viewing.

·
Registered
661 Posts
I prefer the live version, but just barely. Prime time is definitely worth watching. By evening, analysts have edited out most of the uninteresting stuff, which is an advantage.

·
off the back
15,392 Posts
I've only seen the first stage's prime time show, and generally don't watch them, preferring the live coverage DVR's, but this was surprisingly good. A minimum of studio talking heads, and no travelogues, human interest, feel-good stories, just coverage of the racing. A huge change from the early years of OLN/Versus coverage. Looks like they've finally learned something.

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
I prefer the live version, but just barely. Prime time is definitely worth watching. By evening, analysts have edited out most of the uninteresting stuff, which is an advantage.
This ^^^. Live (digital access) doesn't offer much analysis and no Bobke, whose comments I find strangely interesting.

·
What the Hell is going on
5,044 Posts
I have to admit I kinds miss those "distractions". I even miss the commercials. Oh how I even miss "Born from jets". Watching the live coverage kinda sucks. I mean how interesting is it really watching guys ride a bike for six hours? I've given up watching it live and watch the stage replay; even then I just bypass everything until the last 45 mins. I don't care what others say but Phil and Paul makes watching the Tour more bareable for me.

·
Adorable Furry Hombre
30,792 Posts
I've only seen the first stage's prime time show, and generally don't watch them, preferring the live coverage DVR's, but this was surprisingly good. A minimum of studio talking heads, and no travelogues, human interest, feel-good stories, just coverage of the racing. A huge change from the early years of OLN/Versus coverage. Looks like they've finally learned something.
You mean the replay on TV removes all the official picture in picture official TdF interviews and history segments?

·
Registered
12,085 Posts
About 2 years ago, Phil and Paul were talking about a costal village that had fine shrimp, which pollutants had endangered. A bike race and I was learning something.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts