Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
More Cowbell!
4,832 Posts
00zero said:
How is the conquest pro on the road? and on long rides?
Did RAMROD about three or four years ago on one when it was my only road bike. It was okay. It's now got a carbon fork (Alpha Q) and I think it's nicer on the road now. It doesn't come close to my steel road bike though.

Bottom line is it'll work.

·
MING
419 Posts
I rode a conquest pro on the road as my only skinny tired bike for a few years. I concur, it'll work, it was blown out of the water when I got my Look, but I got the conquest frame and fork for sub 400, same cannont be said of the Look, and I wager the Look would suck as a cross bike. I still use the conquest as a rain road bike, not much into cyclo cross anymore.

·
Administrator
13,147 Posts
My conquest pro was a bit of a dump truck on the road. It gets you there, but its not the best option.

:biggrin5:

·
Registered
36 Posts
I took my Conquest Pro for a 9 month stint in Quito Ecuador, where I rode it with cross and road wheels, on cobbles (roubaix style, with Flanders and Alpine steep/long climbs), new and old asphalt, dirt, patio stones, and, get this, on a 333 concrete track. You know, with the high bottom bracket it did surprisingly well on the track. Most of that riding was done on 23c road tires. It was fine, and lighter than the rides of most of the Ecuacyclists I knew. It is a stable ride, to the point of being very slow steering, but very comfortable. All told, I put about 10,000kms on it. Still have that bike and race it in cross and ride it on single track. It must be the best deal in the world for a do everything bicycle.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I currently race a conquest pro for CX and used it as my road bike until recently. It worked fine on the road for shorter rides, however with the shortish top tube it does get a little cramped in the cockpit on longer rides. I know many people who use their conquests in the fall/winter for CX and road bikes in the summer, it really just comes down to if you can afford to have both a road and CX bikes and how comfortable you want to be on longer rides. Like the previous posts, a carbon fork will certainly be nice for on the road.

Good luck,
Ryan
cyclocrossELEMENTS.com

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.