Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Two weeks ago I bought new tires for my bike.

Last week I ordered new wheels of it.

Yesterday I had two USED tires but on the car.

·
Still On Steel
2,391 Posts
Meh. Shoulda ordered that new jersey you've been wanting. Those old car tires were good for another 600 miles, easy.

·
n00bsauce
13,507 Posts
Allez Rouge said:
Meh. Shoulda ordered that new jersey you've been wanting. Those old car tires were good for another 600 miles, easy.
Just talked to a cyclist last night who's had his temporary spare on his car for the last six months. You know, the small, skinny spare that's intended for 60 miles? This man has his priorities straight.

·
Registered
352 Posts
As long as you've written a will to designate who gets the bike(s) when your used tires kill you at 70mph on the highway....I see nothing whatsoever wrong with your priorities. Far too much is done these days to keep Darwin from doing his job anyway. Natural selection baby...it's a wonderful thing. :)

Loved ones grieve, without question...but they get over it soon enough. Within the year the wife finds a new husband, the kids get a brand spankin new daddy and maybe that guy can get the bike(s) professionally fit so that he can ride them down to the store once in a while. It's a win-win!

*note, the above was meant as comic relief on a Friday morning. If you have not found it funny in any way, then I sincerely apologize and hope your complete lack of a sense of humor does not cause you to get hit by a truck...today.

·
Registered
658 Posts
ColoRoadie said:
*note, the above was meant as comic relief on a Friday morning. If you have not found it funny in any way, then I sincerely apologize and hope your complete lack of a sense of humor does not cause you to get hit by a truck...today.
I am stealing this disclaimer... Thank you

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Come to think of it I have been eying an Arrogant Bastard Ale jersey.

BTW we all ride on used tires, I work with a guy who drives an 88 chevy and hasn't bought new tires in years.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts