Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ordered my R5000 a couple of weeks ago, and I was wondering how long it took everyone to get their bike if the dealer did not have it in stock? I am a very impatient person and waiting is much more than any chore. On Monday, the 15th of May, it will have be around 22 days actually... So, what do you guys think? I heard that Cannondale does not always have bikes in stock, and the have to be manufactured. If that is true, than to have a somewhat efficient system, they may need a few orders before they are going to produce a type/size frame... luckily the r5000 shares the same frame as atleast some of the other "R" series bicycles, and hopefully size does not matter. I have also not been able to confirm through Cannondale the timeframe that this process should take as I am sure that customer support does not want to take a chance in guessing wrong. If I were them, I would not want to do it either.

The only thing that helps me get by is the thought that the guy/gal that is building my frame is taking the utmost care in the fabrication and finish of the bike that soon (hopefully) will be mine....

Finally, does anyone know who manufactures the forks that they use for their roadbikes... is it made in house, or is it an outsorced job to Time, Reynolds, or someone like that... Hopefully it is a quality peice.

· Registered
62 Posts
This is a puzzling one because when I visited the Bedford factory maybe two months ago, the warehousing area holds so many more bikes than you can shake a stick at. There's something over 2 million dollars of inventory in the warehouse, though I'm thinking that includes raw materials and parts, etc. Every step in the process is bar-coded, so checking inventory levels shouldn't be difficult. I'm surprised that it would take long for the shop to order from the factory. The CAAD8 frame on the R5000 is the same through the whole R-series line.

The forks are outsourced. I don't know who the manufacturer is, but they come in from the Far East.

Well hopefully you'll get your bike soon so you can get your miles on.

· Registered
9,274 Posts
the LBS had mine laying around in stock fortunately, but i was told that there were plenty of the 2005 R5000's still laying around in warehouses, they are the gray/silver ones with a little bit better component group than the '06's and should be a lot cheaper than the new ones, something to think about! i go tmine for $1700 new, 2006's are going for $2500, thats a lot of change you could save!

Lee

· Registered
180 Posts
I ordered a Six13 in May of '04, and it didn't arrive until late July of '04. I took a blue frame instead of the orange I wanted, because it was starting to look like I would have had to have waited until September... :(

· Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks guys... I ordered the 2006... in blue, so it sounds like it is going to b a while... again, I hope not to long. I am really looking forward to piling on the miles... luckily, I live in wisconsin, whereit has rained for the past 5 or 6 days and maintained a tempreature below 50 degrees... on of those days the wind was even gusting to 50 mph.... we were going to pretend we lived in belguim.. but then it started to hail... Time for spring to really begin.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.