Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Sticky Valentine
28,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a chicken breast I found in my freezer from about a month ago. Is it still good? :confused: Seriously. I am not down with getting sick off bad meat.

joe

·
Strained coccyx etc etc
21,050 Posts
JoeDaddio said:
I've got a chicken breast I found in my freezer from about a month ago. Is it still good? :confused: Seriously. I am not down with getting sick off bad meat.

joe
i stuck my chicken in a freezer for 14 years and it's still edible.

·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts
JoeDaddio said:

joe
I think I read somewhere it was like 6 months--but then again if you cook the hell out of it you shouldn't get sick. Just make sure you let it reach 160 degrees for a while. A month is no problem. I buy chicken breasts in bulk--especially during the summer and freeze em...

·
Strained coccyx etc etc
21,050 Posts
Bocephus Jones II said:
I think I read somewhere it was like 6 months--but then again if you cook the hell out of it you shouldn't get sick. Just make sure you let it reach 160 degrees for a while. A month is no problem. I buy chicken breasts in bulk--especially during the summer and freeze em...
i also pay for breasts in bulk. trust me on this.

cook it. if it smells like something you don' wanna eat, then don't eat it.

easy-peasy!

·
here comes trouble
10,045 Posts
Typical life of frozen chicken is 4-6 months. Beyond that, I wouldn't eat it.

·
Sticky Valentine
28,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Radical. Thanks all :)

joe

·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts
haiku d'etat said:
i also pay for breasts in bulk. trust me on this.

cook it. if it smells like something you don' wanna eat, then don't eat it.

easy-peasy!
yup...or the other maxim (the saying J's not the magazine) "If in doubt...throw it out."

·
Soon to be banned
14,475 Posts
Until it stops clucking??? :eek:

·
In need of sock puppet
9,420 Posts
My aunt Ethel had a pet parrot.

The parrot, named Pickles was fully-grown, about twenty years old, great plummage but with a wicked attitude and worse vocabulary. Every other word was s##t, p##s or f##k, and if it wasn't cursing, it was sputtering racist slurs. Pickles was raised in the city, so I guess it picked up most of the street attitude through Ethel's open living room window overlooking the street.

My aunt Ethel tried hard to change the bird's attitude and was constantly saying polite words, playing soft music, anything she could think of to try and set a good example. She was patient as a saint, but nothing worked on that foul mouthed bird.

If she yelled at the bird, Pickles would yell right back with a string of nasty obsceneties. She got angry one day and shook the bird and Pickles just got angrier and became even more rude, calling her a frigid old hag. Finally in a moment of desperation auntie Ethel put the parrot in the FREEZER.

For a few minutes she heard the bird squawk, swearing at the top of it's lungs, kicking ice cube trays, screaming like a convict. Then suddenly, Pickles went quiet -----

-Not a sound for minute, but it seemed like forever. Aunt Ethel was frightened that she might have hurt the bird and quickly opened the freezer door.

Pickles calmly stepped out onto Ethel's shoulder and said: "I believe I may have offended you with my rude language and actions. I will endeavor at once to correct my behavior. I really am truly sorry and beg your forgiveness."

Etehl was astonished at Pickles change in attitude and was about to ask what caused such a dramatic change when Pickles said: "Pardon me, but what the f##k the chicken do???"

·
Soon to be banned
14,475 Posts
thinkcooper said:
Etehl was astonished at Pickles change in attitude and was about to ask what caused such a dramatic change when Pickles said: "Pardon me, but what the f##k the chicken do???"
ROTFLMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts