Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

How long have you been using Mavic Ksyrium? (in years)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
929 Posts
cavinsoo said:
I have an SSC SL since 2002. Still using it today. Hasn't been serviced yet. No truing required.
I bought mine barely used and they have been going strong. They were in a wreck with required a new rear rim and many new spokes and was rebuilt. I haven't had to service the hub yet, but I do feel a slight wobble in the front.

I can't wait to get Ron Ruff's wheels in the next few weeks so I can sell of the mavics. Yes .. they are strong wheels and haven't given me any problems, but as the wheels get older, I know they will need servicing, which I don't want to deal with.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Mine are from 01 and I have had no issues with them at all. They are my every day wheels and have ridden them through just about every type of condition, including swapping them over to my cyclocross bike to ride during cross season in the mud. I usually true mine, maybe, once a year and they are never really out of true when I do it. Other than a bit of lube to the pawls of the cassette body, I have never had any issues with them.

·
Knives, Guns, and Booze
2,942 Posts
Just a tad under one year. SL SSCs. Only one problem with the rear wheel, and that was caused by the failure of the rear Ultegra derailleur (which was only two years old at the time) in December 2007. The derailleur cage became separated from the derailleur, which immediately went “KACHUNK!!!” down into the rear wheel, in turn bending the crap out of the one spoke that just happened to be screenprinted “Ksyrium” (1 in 20 chance there).

·
Registered
144 Posts
Four years on Ksyrium SL's, outside of a little brake surface wear they look like the day I bought them. Plus I'm not the lightest at anywhere from 190 in the spring to close to 180 by the end of the summer. Although I don't use them as much now at least I know I'll always have a reliable wheel set available.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.