Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking about ordering a '11 supersix. I use it for fitness, group rides, etc.. occasional races. How long w/out crashes etc.. should a frame usually last out of curiosity

·
Registered
5,061 Posts
cdales have a lifetime warranty for the original owner. So, it will last until you break it. Then, you get a new one.

·
Registered
469 Posts
RyanM said:
I am thinking about ordering a '11 supersix. I use it for fitness, group rides, etc.. occasional races. How long w/out crashes etc.. should a frame usually last out of curiosity
it will last a really long time , at least till you are bored with it i guarantee

·
Registered
132 Posts
You'll wear out the components before the frame. Like latman said, you'll tire of the bike and need a new toy before you need to replace it.

·
Registered
5,061 Posts
Actually,
New tech could warrant a new frame even before that one breaks. Plan a 5 yr cycle :thumbsup:

·
Registered
392 Posts
ziscwg said:
Actually,
New tech could warrant a new frame even before that one breaks. Plan a 5 yr cycle :thumbsup:
My 08 Super Six has developed a couple of 1/2" cracks at the headtube/downtube interface and has some delamination between the BB shell and the frame. This is after 29 months and about 15,000 miles. Bike has never been crashed or even tipped over.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts