Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Banned
14,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Including yours, your family's, and your friends'?

I declared today 'Ed's Free Spring Tuneup and Repair Day, Bring Beer' at the farm, and I have six bikes n my front yard. My two and my wife's two I did yesterday.

I'm into double figures on bikes I routinely care for, and all I have to show for it is a drinking problem.

·
Every little counts...
3,924 Posts
2 for me, 3 of wife's (only one wife). All racing, so everything gets Service Course treatment. I need to get paid for this someday.

·
Frog Whisperer
40,919 Posts
10....... 5 of mine and my 3 daughters, a son-in-law and a daughters boyfriend

·
Frog Whisperer
40,919 Posts
that was one neighbor kid and 19 of your own?

·
Registered
843 Posts
3 of my own, 1 for my son, 1 for my wife and hundreds at work (I'm a wrench). My wife doesn't ride much, so that's pretty easy to do and my son is still learning to ride (5yo) so his doesn't require much. My old GT commuter is the one that is the most needy (aside from certain customer's bikes).

Bob

·
Registered
279 Posts
Man, good question. Twelve of my own, but that includes three semi-permanent loaners, and a couple of mountain bikes I haven't ridden for a couple of years. Plus four build ups I did for friends, an ultra beater for a neighbor, and any neighborhood kid who knows I work on bikes and doesn't know how to oil a chain or adjust Wallie Mart brakes.
Minstrie

·
Resident Curmudgeon
11,980 Posts
Three. Two of mine plus the wife's. I don't take care of other people's bikes. That's their job, not mine. If friends have a question I'll make a suggestion. I'll also let friends use my tools, but only at my house. Tools don't go out on loan. I'll also help newbies by showing them how to do simple things like patching a tube, changing a tire, taping bars, etc.

·
Registered
29 Posts
OES said:
all I have to show for it is a drinking problem.
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

This year I have probably worked on over 300 all ready if not more, and the season is just getting started.

As for personal bikes. me-12 family members-6

·
Banned
14,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Mr. Versatile said:
Three. Two of mine plus the wife's. I don't take care of other people's bikes. That's their job, not mine. If friends have a question I'll make a suggestion. I'll also let friends use my tools, but only at my house. Tools don't go out on loan. I'll also help newbies by showing them how to do simple things like patching a tube, changing a tire, taping bars, etc.
You wrench for a living?

·
Registered
81 Posts
I don't think I count but I try to get through 3-5 service tickets a day plus walk ins. Plus the 4 I have at home.

·
Roadie with unshaven legs
2,027 Posts
Hmm, five of my own bikes, one for my son, two for my daughter, one nephew has two bikes, another nephew has one, his sister has one, my buddy has three bikes, his kids have one each (2 bikes). That's 17 bikes. More if my other nieces and nephews decide to bring their bikes over to my house to be fixed.

If you may have noticed, there is no mention of a bike for my wife. I do not ever recall ever seeing her ride a bike, though I know that she knows how to ride one. I did build her a bike a few years ago but it collected dust for about a year before I sold it to a nephew's friend.

·
Old, slow, and fat.
3,897 Posts
3 of mine, 2 of the GF's most regularly. A few here and there that belong to buddies.

Not as many as it useta be...

M

·
Registered
81 Posts
Through the shop, 7-10 tune-ups a day depending on how much work is needed. 16 bikes of my own (most of which I don't touch till I snap a chain or something, ie...bmx/singlespeeds), 2 of my parents, 4 of my brothers (teaching him) and my friends' bikes when I see them.

·
Knives, Guns, and Booze
2,942 Posts
• 2008 Ridley Damocles (mine)
• 1999 Gary Fisher Hoo Koo E Koo (on long-term loan from a friend presently stationed in Iraq)
• 2008 Coker “Big One” 36"-wheeled unicycle (mine)
• 2007 Iron Horse P.O.S. from Performance (wife’s bike)
• 2007 Giant 12" tricycle (son’s)
• unknown year P.O.S. 12"-wheeled young boy’s BMX bike (other son’s)

I know, I know, the question was, “how many”, and not, “what are the bikes you take care of”, but I’m not sure if a unicycle or a tricycle qualify as whole bikes, or fractional bikes.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts