Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
donuts?
8,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has there been a poal for how many people have had an increase in instances of flats or other mechanicals while wearing the Lounge kit?

·
Fini les ecrase-"manets"!
9,416 Posts
First rule of not getting flats club: Don't talk about not getting flats.

·
donuts?
8,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
bikeboy389 said:
First rule of not getting flats club: Don't talk about not getting flats.
i went over a decade without a flat and then in 1 day got 2 and ripped the valve stems off two tubes... all in a sleeve-less t-shirt (evening up the tan lines). when it rains flats, it pours apparently.

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
The day after wearing my Lounge jersey & s*cks I flatted for the first time in years (yeah...that was me walking my bike on the narrow Humpback Bridge detour) I figure I'm slower than everyone else in all regards.

·
Adventure Seeker
5,115 Posts
No flats with the lounge kit, but a sore butt due to the crappy (IMO) chamois. Wearing other jerseys, I've had flats, but nothing out of the ordinary.

·
eminence grease
18,538 Posts
asciibaron said:
has there been a poal for how many people have had an increase in instances of flats or other mechanicals while wearing the Lounge kit?
I have had tens of thousands of flats when riding in the Lounge jersey. I was the first person to raise the issue following 139 flats on a single Saturday ride.

Most of my tubes offer a modern day case for John Locke's Sock Paradox - how many patches does it take before the tube is no longer the tube?

·
Not Banned
49,013 Posts
I love blaming

ones lack of proper bike handling and tire maintenance on a jersey

·
Registered
286 Posts
Marc broke a chain while wearing the lounge kit. The good news was SAG was about 100 feet away at the time.

Dancer

·
Adventure Seeker
5,115 Posts
Disregard my previous post. This is a TRUE STORY!! SERIOUSLY!! The kit made my sidewalls blow out and ruined my rims. See attached picture!!!

EDIT: fixed pic I hope
Disregard the fact that the tire/wheel in the pic is not mine. I have Neuvation alloy wheels with Schwalbe tires.

·
Game on, b*tches!
13,467 Posts
rward325 said:
I have had zero flats wearing the Lounge Kit!
Ditto. (I'm safe since I really didn't say it.)

·
Failboat Captian
6,527 Posts
I am unwilling to contribute to this thread. Please reference the "supersticions" thread

·
Game on, b*tches!
13,467 Posts
Peanya said:
EDIT: fixed pic I hope that the tire/wheel in the pic is not mine. I have Neuvation alloy wheels with Schwalbe tires.
Nope.

·
eminence grease
18,538 Posts
atpjunkie said:
ones lack of proper bike handling and tire maintenance on a jersey
How does proper tire maintenance prevent flats do to say, road surfaces covered with Goatheads? Or glass? Or galvanized drywall screws?

I'm willing to learn here!

·
Not Banned
49,013 Posts
the day after?

KWL said:
The day after wearing my Lounge jersey & s*cks I flatted for the first time in years (yeah...that was me walking my bike on the narrow Humpback Bridge detour) I figure I'm slower than everyone else in all regards.
so you're blaming the kit for what happened after you wore it?

that's priceless

·
Not Banned
49,013 Posts
some folks

terry b said:
How does proper tire maintenance prevent flats do to say, road surfaces covered with Goatheads? Or glass? Or galvanized drywall screws?

I'm willing to learn here!
ride their tires til they are almost transparent

some folks don't avoid glass or don't put a hand/toe on the tire after they ride through some

I did a ride w/ Svend last Sat in generic cycling gear. Two flats, 1 a thorn, the second glass that I saw too late to avoid. Did I blame my clothes? Don't think so, thems the breaks.

you live in frickin china. it is probably akin to riding in baja, glass, thorns goatheads all over the road and no maintenance. So if you flat do you think 'sh!tty roads"? or something more sinister?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts