Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I am still new to road riding I just thought I would put it out there. I mean, I wouldn't want to commit a road riding faux pas by getting caught wearing the same jersey too often.

Last count I have 8 short sleeve cycling jerseys and 2 long sleeve. My favorites are the 2 Star Wars ones my wife bought for my birthday last fall.

·
Banned
8,103 Posts
I'm not sure if you're serious after the star wars and faux pas comments. But it doesn't hurt anyone for me to respond as if you're being serious. So here goes:

Like many amateur racers, I do the majority of my riding in a team kit (matching jersey and bibshorts). I have around one half dozen of these kits and they all look the same. And a matching speedsuit. Faux pas?

In addition, I have three other complete kits, a few jerseys I've won at races, and some baggy mountain biking stuff.

·
Registered
6,985 Posts
I own about 10. Some long sleeved for spring/fall, mostly short sleeved. Some that I bought to try the brand to see how it fit/lasted, some were mistakes, some duplicates of favorites. I cycle every day and tend to rotate between 3-4 jerseys so that means the favorites get washed a good 90 times a year. So some are replacements for worn jerseys but I still keep the old ones for indoor winter riding.

My current favorite brands are Castelli & Hincapie.

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
I own about 25 short sleeve & 7 long sleeve jerseys that have some sort of graphics, such as team or club jerseys, and probably another dozen or so solid color jerseys. Some don't fit anymore since I put on a few pounds, but I keep them for when I get in shape again (yeah, right, like that's gonna happen). But I still have fewer jerseys than my wife has shoes, so I'll continue to add to my collection.

·
Registered
11,122 Posts
7 SS jerseys...but, there's one I rarely wear, it's cut weird...a PBK clearance item. you get what you pay for...

1 LS jersey, but rarely wear it...prefer to layer with arm warmers, windbreaker, etc.

all of my jerseys have logos of some kind...I hate the generic, nashbar look...

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have five jerseys/four shorts and one pair of knickers(not English just think its funny). I have been riding for less than a year. I do have a question. I have a trek bike, and have a couple cannondale items I wear. I haven't seen anyone else brand clash. Is this a bad omen?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'm not sure if you're serious after the star wars and faux pas comments. But it doesn't hurt anyone for me to respond as if you're being serious. So here goes:
No, I am serious. I realize sometimes it is hard to tell with some guys. I am just curious. And I NEVER joke about Star Wars. Since I was born in the early 70's I grew up my entire life as a Star Wars fan. These are the 2 Jerseys she bought me...

View attachment 276549

·
Recycle King
870 Posts
I have 6 short sleeve jerseys...one of them(Trek OCLV) I brought pre-owned on ebay when I used to own a Trek 5200. I don't have any long sleeve jerseys since I wear either Underarmor long sleeve cold gear underneath a short sleeve jersey or wear an Asics Thinsulate long sleeve.

I own 4 pairs of shorts, 3 of which I brought pre-owned on ebay, though only 3 pairs fits me. I could use another pair or 2 shorts. Any suggestions? I love my Performance gel padded 8 panel shorts but would like to hear what else is worth looking into.

1 - 20 of 89 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.