Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
midnight melon mounter
6,621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had sixteen munchkins this morning. I think that's only like three donuts, but my evil wifey says it's more like four or even five. I think three is an acceptable breakfast, but if I had four I'd feel pretty bad about myself.

What say you?

·
Fini les ecrase-"manets"!
9,416 Posts
Does it really matter? You ate doughnuts for breakfast--at this point you should be off the "give a sh*t" scale.

My favorite weekend Breakfast of Champions when I was a messenger was 4 chocolate frosted doughnuts (fresh from the bakery up the street) and a 20-ounce Coke. I was like a fricking hummingbird in those days, though--I burned so many calories that my non-working life was pretty much a constant search for nectar.

·
You're Not the Boss of Me
7,746 Posts
Gotta agree with your wife. 3-4 Munchkins would make a donut seems to me.

PS -- send me the leftovers. Hmmmmmmmmm Donuts.

·
Fini les ecrase-"manets"!
9,416 Posts
Also, eating more than a dozen of anything in a sitting seems excessive, unless it's like kernels of corn or rice krispies or something.

Let's say eating 16 of anything you kind of need to eat one at a time is a bit much, and go from there.

·
midnight melon mounter
6,621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hmm, that equals five donuts.

Does anyone else think that Haagen Dazs' claim that there are four servings to a pint should be some kind of crime?

·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts
Alex-in-Evanston said:
Hmm, that equals five donuts.

Does anyone else think that Haagen Dazs' claim that there are four servings to a pint should be some kind of crime?
If you're eating donuts and Haagen Dazs you obviously don't give a sh*t about what you eat so why are you worried? Just eat till your full and then stop.

·
midnight melon mounter
6,621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You ever have Rondo's, i.e. Dove Bar bites? They come in a box of 12, i.e. a single serving.

·
wut?
14,590 Posts
Let's take the chocolate glazed cake donut/munchkin...

The Dunkin' Donuts website says 3 munchkins are 1 serving. However, 3 munchkins have 200 calories and 10 fat grams. This means each munchkin has ~66 calories and ~3.3 fat grams.

1 regular chocolate glazed donut (1 serving) has 290 calories and 16 grams of fat.

This means 1 chocolate glazed cake donut is equal to about 4.4-4.8 munchkins, NOT 3 munchkins.

Consider the powdered cake donut/munchkin.

DD says 1 serving is 4 munchkins. Again, the nutrition information doesn’t add up. 4 of these munchkins still have less fat and calories than a regular powdered cake donut. 1 powdered cake donut is technically equal to between 4.9 and 5.4 of the corresponding munchkins.

The same seems to be true of the other flavors.

Conclusion: Using an average of 4.875 munchkins being equal to one donut, Alex ate 3.2 donuts today.

You's still a fatty.

·
midnight melon mounter
6,621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sweet. I only had 50 grams of fat.

You're going to flunk out of school.

·
wut?
14,590 Posts
Alex-in-Evanston said:
Sweet. I only had 50 grams of fat.

You're going to flunk out of school.
But I know my donuts.

You were at -1,000 calories by the time you got to work. You evened out.

·
You're Not the Boss of Me
7,746 Posts
Scotty, I laffed out loud. Now, someone here has too much time on his hands. I ain't a sayin' who, but I'm jus' sayin.

Alex, I'm glad I was wrong about your donut consumption. And those who maligned you above are just jealous that you got to eat donuts.

·
midnight melon mounter
6,621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Gourmet donut making has become the dream profession of burned out lawyers. It's replaced cheese-making and purse design.

Do you think Fort Smith could support a shop that sold $3.00 donuts?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts