Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Zeppelin/Ultegra Rider
930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see the midwest is pretty broadly defined...so how many of us are here, and which state?

I'm here in the middle of nowhere(or Illinois depending upon how one spells it), otherwise known as Normal.

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
Twin Cities - Minnesota

There's a number of regular posters from Minnesota
PMC
Aliensporebomb
Filtersweep
are probably the most active on the board. Other occasional posters
JBergland
Geardaddy
NelZ
Shad
Zman
Giant Tom

gs5280 vanished long ago, but was a daily contributor for a long time.

·
The web is a MUT
1,373 Posts
just north of Milwaukee WI

Yep, the "midwest" is huge and is often redefined. Here it appears to be 13 states big, that's huge. I think there's a few others from this micro-region.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Hmm, I'm here...

4bykn said:
I see the midwest is pretty broadly defined...so how many of us are here, and which state?

I'm here in the middle of nowhere(or Illinois depending upon how one spells it), otherwise known as Normal.
Southern WI - where it has not been above freezing on a weekday or otherwise for a long time.

·
Banned forever.....or not
24,421 Posts
Chicago area

I was starting to get tired of putting in all my miles on a trainer, until I got #&**%$!!)&%$ sick. Been off the bike for two weeks now. I must have some of that bird flu or some sort of plague. I'll never complain of "trainer burn out" again.

·
Cipo's long lost cousin
975 Posts
Another Chicagoian....

Gonna try and ride tomorrow.... High of 30F... Pray for me...

Steve (not as bothered by the cold as by 23c tires on icy pavement)

·
Zeppelin/Ultegra Rider
930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Good luck, Steve-o....keep the rubber side down, and wear a helmet. I'm thinking of getting out Saturday, looks promising.

·
scruffy nerf herder
4,484 Posts
YO YO, MO here too!!!

Vindicator is in St. Louis

Im in Kansas City.... Dale Bigham is in Columbia

As far as rides/races... Frozen Toes is on the 29th in Columbia... or Boonville (Central Missouri... not sure if Im gonna race that, though).... and there is a 25 mile Race as a part of the Spring race series at Lake Perry in Kansas... on that same day. Then on Mar 7, the second part of the Lake Perry series... is 30 miles (another 5 mile loop).

Anyone gonna ride these?

Chris

·
Cipo's long lost cousin
975 Posts
No issues this morning...

4bykn said:
Good luck, Steve-o....keep the rubber side down, and wear a helmet. I'm thinking of getting out Saturday, looks promising.
The last couple days of 28-32F weather have dried out the streets so it was pretty good riding this morning. The <a href=http://forums.consumerreview.com/[email protected]@.efe3ab9>Performance booties</a> worked out too...

·
Registered
144 Posts
Central Indiana.

What is the defintion of the midwest? Who are we trying to fool the US doesn't stop at the Mississippi anymore. We are the mideast. On second thought I like the sound of midwest.

·
Registered
204 Posts
4bykn said:

I have made many a trips to Normal from Columbia, MO. Used to work for Textron.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Columbia, Missouri, Froze Toes Race Feb. 29th

Everyone should come to the first road race of the season. It is February 29th in Columbia Mo. Pro 1,2,3 do a 2 lap 66 mile race and everyone else does 33miles. Go to
www.columbiabikeclub.com for a flyer.

·
Registered
426 Posts
I'm representing Toledo,Ohio

It's damn cold here.Last Sunday rode 3 miles and that was it.Boy, do I miss Phoenix.

QUOTE=4bykn]I see the midwest is pretty broadly defined...so how many of us are here, and which state?

I'm here in the middle of nowhere(or Illinois depending upon how one spells it), otherwise known as Normal.[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
16 Posts
Where I'm from...

4bykn said:

...we spell Illinois with three letters...F.I.B. I won't elaborate and no offense intended just my upbringing coming through. I don't have it any better being stuck in the middle of Iowa (des moines). I can't wait to move back north (Wisconsin).
SAB

·
Zeppelin/Ultegra Rider
930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Ahhh, yeah. F.I.B's. I used to work for a company with facilities in Wisconsin and I remember them (jokingly) referring to us that way. Thanks for that chuckle from the past.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts