Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 147 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
When I registered my bike with campus police at the begining of this semester I added up all my mod's and the original price of the bike. All together it was $1,925.
I will try to get a pic up at some point. It's a Jamis ventura with new Ultegra.

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
custom Curtlo s3 steel, now going on about 1800 miles, frame/fork new with new headset and BB everything else cobbled together. now it has a set of American classic sprint 350's i got on eBay. less than $2k total, the trash in the room was free

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Hard to say. I started out with a Motobecane LeChamp SL, then changed the wheels once, then the saddle, then bought a Marinoni Piuma frame and swapped the parts over, then went through a couple of different saddles and a new seatpost, in the meantime trading and selling some of the unwanted parts. I figure I have about $1800 in the bike as it stands now, but I know if I went to buy a new version in a LBS, it would probably push $3000

·
Registered
3,182 Posts
Latest bike - Cervelo RS full Red Gruppo with Reynolds Assault wheels, 3T stem, 3T carbon bars, Toupe saddle, Look Keo Carbon pedals. Back in May when I got it it added up to about $6500-$7000....

·
Registered
37 Posts
$600. the stock components suck but it fits me perfectly. i've since spent a good amount of money for upgrades.

here it is about a month after i got it:

·
Registered
778 Posts
1) Cannondale (can't remember exact model) - $1000 for complete bike (Shimano 105), then spent ~$700 to upgrade to all Ultegra
2) Cannondale CAAD5 - $625 for frame/fork, then ~$1500 for components (DA 9-speed)
3) Trek 5900 - $1500 for frame/fork, then ~2000 for components, wheels
4) Cannondale CAAD9 - $550 for frame/fork (first C'dale frame trade-in plus warranty discount), swapped over DA components from CAAD5 frame. Put Ultegra components from first C'dale onto CAAD5 frame
5) Cannondale System Six - $1375 for complete bike (came with Rival). Had ~$750 in Force components put on (SRAM team deal)

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
'08 Cannondale Synapse Carbon 3 - closeout. With all of the modifications, probably around 3k now
Red cranks, Forte Precision carbon seatpost, Specialized Toupe saddle, 2 cheap CF water bottle cages from eBay, Neuvation M28 Aero3 wheelset w/ Ultegra Cassette, Conti GP4000 tires, Velox cloth rim tape, cheapo Ritchey winged al handlebars (think they are the EC30's??), Specialized BG bar Phat handlebar tape, Ultegra SL brakes.

·
trying to HTFU...
1,875 Posts
1990 Kestrel 200ems - ~$3500, w/Paragon Ti BB, hand-built Mavic Open4cd
2002 Yeti Kokopelli - ~$1500, stock
2008 Quintana Roo Caliente,$2500,+170 FSA Team Issue compact crank,+100 PD7810 pedals

·
Registered
410 Posts
cmg said:
custom Curtlo s3 steel, now going on about 1800 miles, frame/fork new with new headset and BB everything else cobbled together. now it has a set of American classic sprint 350's i got on eBay. less than $2k total, the trash in the room was free
that's why there's no furniture... sweet looking bike!

1 - 20 of 147 Posts