Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I know a 19 pound bike is not worthy of this forum, but, I had a question of how much of a difference there will be between my old bike and new bike. Right now, I ride a '82 Peugeot which weighs in at about 26.5 pounds. I am picking up a new bike, a Fuji Roubaix ACR2.0, which has a claimed weight of about 19.5 pounds. I am heading off to Clemson for school this fall, and I am not sure what it is like biking there, but it seems to be fairly hilly driving around. How much of a difference will the 7 pound loss make, if any?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no, not quantify, just if there is a significant difference, a small one, or just an imaginary one... It may actually be around a 8-10 pound loss, just found out the scale was off a little...

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
:thumbsup:
raymonda said:
Usually I would say that anyone is better off losing body weight than bike weight but consider you would be going from a boat anchor to a bike, pull the trigger and buy the new bike..

Haha. I already bought the bike :D Comes in Thursday. I bought it more for the purposes of possibly getting on Clemson's cycling team, but the weight savings sound like they will be much enjoyed! And I am 6' 2" and 155.8 lbs. With at most 7-8% body fat (haven't taken it in a while. Last time it was around 7.5). I don't think I can afford to loose much more, as I am a baseball player by nature, and coaches don't like to put stick figures on the field. The bike is the only thing that can loose the weight at this point. Unfortunately, my wallet cannot handle much more than a 19 lb. 1,600 dollar ride. :( Maybe in a few years I will be graced with carbon :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.