Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

How Much Excess Fat Converted to Muscle When Weight Remains Constant?

2K views 29 replies 16 participants last post by  Loraura 
I'm new here but I have a M.S. In Exercise Physiology and am going to shed light on this. First off if you want detailed pathway information PM me because I will most likely talk to you on the phone. First off, do not ride for miles, but time. You need forty-five min of moderate to intense exercise to fully initiate the various free fatty acid and triglyceride pathways to utilize for energy. Second, hydration levels are more important than diet (this does not mean you can eat crap and expect results) in relation to metabolism function. Always stay hydrated. Third, bulk eating with such low miles and duration (especially if your not using skim milk is counterproductive) . Last, since you have developed habits over the years your diet structure will be the hardest part. To solve this problem you must rid your house (or divide the fridge for your foods) of all junk type foods. I mean everything. The foods that I see destroying diets are mayo, cheese, butter, high fat dairy, fatty meats, drinks and... tomato sauce (yep!). To answer the sauce question... most store bought sauces contain a high amount of sugar to balance out the sharpness. This leads to insulin spikes and retention of calories.

-Cheers

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.