Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The last couple of weeks I've gotten little riding in. I've put in at least 2 hard rides in per week during the two weeks; but now I've been laid up since Friday with achey muscles, high fever, chills, little food intake and lots of fluids.

Have I pretty much lost most of the build up I've had coming into this month? I've got an organized ride next week that I'd been prepping for, but thinking surviving might be a better goal now. It's only a 1/2 century; I'm not worried about finishing or anything, but will I be able to kick it like I'd planned?

I'm itching to get back on the bike, but I honestly don't think I could do a slow 30 miler today and finish without getting hooked up to an I.V. (I'm simply looking for some positive if possible)

·
Slightly Opinionated
10,402 Posts
So you've been down for a week sick? You probably won't lose too much compared to what you previously had, so I wouldn't worry much about it.

G

·
SlowMo said:
The last couple of weeks I've gotten little riding in. I've put in at least 2 hard rides in per week during the two weeks; but now I've been laid up since Friday with achey muscles, high fever, chills, little food intake and lots of fluids.

Have I pretty much lost most of the build up I've had coming into this month? I've got an organized ride next week that I'd been prepping for, but thinking surviving might be a better goal now. It's only a 1/2 century; I'm not worried about finishing or anything, but will I be able to kick it like I'd planned?
I'm itching to get back on the bike, but I honestly don't think I could do a slow 30 miler today and finish without getting hooked up to an I.V. (I'm simply looking for some positive if possible)
If you have been sick as you said and have not been riding and eating right in the past two weeks. I would not expect to be leading a pace line if I were you. But on a better note, you should be able to complete the 1/2 century if you keep your pace down, stay hydrated and not get to "froggy" out there. Just ride with the "Freds" and let A & B riders go ahead. you will be ok.:thumbsup:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.