Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to go check out a Motobecane Nomade tomarrow. I dont know much about rode bikes but want to get an older bike for commuting and such. The guy was advertising for $200. I was thinking if it is in good shape $150 could be worth it. Am I way off, I know these were the lower end Motobecanes.

· Unlabeled
3,729 Posts
rbn14 said:
I am going to go check out a Motobecane Nomade tomarrow. I dont know much about rode bikes but want to get an older bike for commuting and such. The guy was advertising for $200. I was thinking if it is in good shape $150 could be worth it. Am I way off, I know these were the lower end Motobecanes.
I got one of these at a garage sale for free. I pulled off the Weinmann centerpull brakes and the Suntour V derailleur then pitched the rest into the trash can. It is not a good bike. Basic transportation at best. I agree with the $20 value--maybe $40 if it has very good tires, cables that aren't frayed or rusted, wheels that are round and true, and it rides and shifts smoothly.

For $150 you should be able to find a much nicer used bike. The difficulty is that shipping cost can make it tough to buy from ebay and only spend $150. If you live in a sparsely populated area sometimes there just aren't decent bikes for sale locally.

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thats what I was afraid of. I think this old bikes are starting to get popular around here and people are asking stupid amounts for them. What would be some brands/models I should be on the lookout for in the $150 - $200 range?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.