Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi everyone, my neighbor just gave me a Masi Gran Criterrium. He used to race but has lost all interest and "he was going to throw it away". Anyway i snagged it, although it is a 62cm frame, not even close to my 49cm size.

It is a 1982 "i think he said" and in overall good condition with minor paint scuffs but all stickers are in very good condition, it also includes the original campy crank. i have full intentions of giving someone a good deal so that they may enjoy this classis frame, but my question is how much is it worth?

Thanks in advance, Jaime

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Masi

ThinkCooper, I am working on a value for the bike. I am also going to get better pics that show close up the condition of the frame. It looks to be a nice find I must say. Will keep you posted.

Thanks, Jaime

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
often the real value in older bikes is the components. If someone wanted to build it up with super record they'd shell out a lot of dough, unfortunatly a frame/bb/crank isn't too hot an item by itself. I own a newer masi and know a few other masi owners. We all love them. with what you've got, turn it into a single speed townie bike and ride the piss out of it. Or find someone who will...
the thing will ride like a dream but no one could get you what its really 'worth' in cash.

·
l'illustre sconosciuto
321 Posts
You should post all of the numbers that appear on the bottom of the bottom bracket. With the numbers, it should be reasonably easy to determine the exact vintage. This should then help determine the value. It could go from about $200-1000.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.