Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
I'd bid a bit lower.
9s is a bit on the older side these days. (although my CX bike has 9s)
and 105 is good but nothing to write home about.
the rest of the groupo is in line with all that.
the wheels are soso.
don't think i'd go over 750.

seeing how i've seen ultegra/dura ace mixed 9s bikes under 1k and even some 10s i think he's asking a bit much.

most sellers would like to think their bike is worth more then it actualy is. Most warentees don't transfer, factor in abuse which one can never totally figure...

·
Registered
173 Posts
fleck said:
I'd bid a bit lower.
9s is a bit on the older side these days. (although my CX bike has 9s)
and 105 is good but nothing to write home about.
the rest of the groupo is in line with all that.
the wheels are soso.
don't think i'd go over 750.

seeing how i've seen ultegra/dura ace mixed 9s bikes under 1k and even some 10s i think he's asking a bit much.

most sellers would like to think their bike is worth more then it actualy is. Most warentees don't transfer, factor in abuse which one can never totally figure...
105 shifters - xt rear derailleur

·
Registered
48 Posts
I apologize for hijacking this a bit...but the title is suggestive...

I've got an opportunity to buy a brand new Kelley KnobbyX, 1 1/8" head tube, set up with 2007 Record UT Group (including a Record seat post), 50cm Carbon Tubular wheels, Challenge Grifos, Cane Creek 110 headset and Paul Touring/Neo Retro combo. The bike's all new and it hasn't been ridden yet; A buddy of mine built it up over the winter to race, but an injury and now him looking for cash to buy an engagement ring have him looking to sell.

He's asking $2800...That sound right?

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
bicyclego said:
I apologize for hijacking this a bit...but the title is suggestive...

I've got an opportunity to buy a brand new Kelley KnobbyX, 1 1/8" head tube, set up with 2007 Record UT Group (including a Record seat post), 50cm Carbon Tubular wheels, Challenge Grifos, Cane Creek 110 headset and Paul Touring/Neo Retro combo. The bike's all new and it hasn't been ridden yet; A buddy of mine built it up over the winter to race, but an injury and now him looking for cash to buy an engagement ring have him looking to sell.

He's asking $2800...That sound right?
sounds pretty reasonable, any idea what the make is on the wheels?

800 for the frame
1400? groupo
1600? wheels
150 brakes
+ other bits...
of course the big question is if it fits you

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.