Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
and press coverage from the major media do you think Levi will get from this win?

will we see him on the today/GMA shows?

·
Misplaced priorities?
352 Posts
Very little. Other than when an American is winning the TdF, the American public doesn't care about pro cycling. That's just the way it is. Maybe all that will change if races like the Tours of California, Georgia, Utah, & Missouri can stick around for the long haul.

·
Yo no fui.
8,081 Posts
Nothing against Levi, but he lacks a bit of charisma. For a minor sport like ours to cross over to the mainstream, mainstream America needs a good story, like Lance, or charisma, like Beckham with soccer.

·
Banned
203 Posts
Putting Levi on Tv is like..

Putting Floyd and Dave Z in front of the camera. Boring. Stick to riding.

·
No team-cest unless 8+!
7,158 Posts
Pablo said:
Nothing against Levi, but he lacks a bit of charisma. For a minor sport like ours to cross over to the mainstream, mainstream America needs a good story, like Lance, or charisma, like Beckham with soccer.

Beckham is famous for 3 reasons...

• Soccer is popular nearly everywhere but the US
  • He married a Spice Girl (who is damn hot)
  • Ladies think he is damn hot

·
Banned
203 Posts
Cruzer2424 said:
Beckham is famous for 3 reasons...

• Soccer is popular nearly everywhere but the US
    [*]He married a Spice Girl (who is damn hot)
  • Ladies think he is damn hot

I think "was Hot" describes her best. She has slowly dwindled away and looks like a walking skeleton these day. She looks like a Holocaust victim.

·
Yo no fui.
8,081 Posts
Should we move this thread to Podium Girls? She's probably cutting back on food to save money for the big move across the pond.

·
Call me a Fred
16,999 Posts
If it wasn't for the internet, I wouldn't have known that there was a bike race in California this week. I saw nothing on the news about it. Levi who?

·
Banned
203 Posts
Kris Flatlander said:
The third ones aren't that bad, the 1st and 4th lead me to wonder how cold it gets in Britain :p
They look like golf-tees.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.