Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been trying to sell my new CAAD9-5 on eBay and RBR classifieds for a little over a week. I have had more requests to sell the frame (63cm) alone than I have had offers on the complete bike. At this point I may take the 105 group off and sell the frame alone. How much labor time should I figure the LBS would charge for removing the group? I might be able to do it myself but don't want to risk scratching an otherwise brand new set of components and frame. I realize different shops charge different rates so I'm trying to get a rough estimate to see if this option makes sense. Thanks for any info.

·
Banned
882 Posts
all your talking about is just unbolting the parts off the bike i don't see how your going to damage the frame just taking off a deralliuer do you have the proper tools tho' ?

if you have just a basic allen wrench set you can do it maybe taking the bottom bracket out if you don't have the proper tool will give you issues and that you could just take to the LBS with a nice smile and they could get that off for you at minimal cost or a sixpack of the mechanics favorite beer.

although it's a giant PITA selling a bike for the parts on eBay will almost always get you more $ in the end. since the parts and bike are brand new you can sell the frameset then the gruppo together then the wheels and the rest of the stuff seat, post bars stem etc...

it's a nice looking bike the 63cm size is just a hard sell have you thought about listing it without a buy it now or best offer? if you really have to get $1200 bucks for it then try listing it auction style but with maybe a $1000 reserve to get some action going

1 - 3 of 3 Posts