Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to predict how much my Six13 will weigh. i know this is hard to do.

I haven't gather all the parts yet but was trying to get a good estimate. Here are the parts, minus pedals

'06 Six13 frameset (54cm) and fork
DA 9 group (shifters, brakes, derailleurs)
FSA carbon pro cranks (~575g)
Am.Classic 420s wheelset (~1450g)
Ritchey WCS bars (~230g) , stem (~135g), seatpost (~195g).
Selle Italia saddle (`220 grams)

Thanks

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
sherpa said:

I haven't gather all the parts yet but was trying to get a good estimate. Here are the parts, minus pedals

Thanks
FWIW, I have a 2006 Six13 52-cm team replica with Campy Record, Kysrium SLs, Fi'zik Arione saddle, FSA K-bar, Alien USE seatpost, Cannondale Si crankset. The Record groupset is a touch lighter than the DuraAce groupset. All in all, your other components are not materially different in weight than the stock components my bike came with. Assuming the bike shop's digital scale was working right the day I bought it, my bike weighed in at 15.4 pounds without pedals.

·
Adorable Furry Hombre
30,696 Posts
sherpa said:

Thanks
Waaaay too much..better let me have it;)

Try wrenchscience.com-IIRC their estimates are pretty good weight wise

·
Registered
138 Posts
another comparison

From the other side of the size range, I picked up a new 58cm Team with Record and it weighed (w/out pedals) 16.12 lbs on the shop's digital scales. MIne is pretty much oem; all Record with 12x25 (not all ti) cassette, 175mm SI cranks, FSA 115 stem, Deda Newton bars (my preference), Arione, FSA SLK post, and K-SL's.

I know from experience my 202's and an SLR will shave 600 grams (and I have both). So, including pedals it should be about 15.4 lbs without going out in the backyard to dig up another jar of $$. Not bad for a 58cm bike with every day components (except, maybe the 202's).

You're gonna love this bici !! I now have two '06 six/13's and a '05 Caad8, and intend to sell some of my other bikes since I don't ride 'em.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I wish my everyday components were your everyday components...

Sounds like a great bike. I'm looking at a Six13 team stock with Dura-ace. I'm guessing that will add a 1/4 to a 1/2 pound. Since I'm still working on reducing the weight on me I will wait on making other adjustments/purchase at the moment.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts