Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
disgruntled pigskin fan
3,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious.:D

Once a day for me, though sometimes more often if needed.

·
Captain Obvious
11,876 Posts
a few times per year.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Once sometimes twice a day. Flossing regularly makes my biannual visit with my dental hygenist less irritating...less scraping and she doesn't b!tch at me for not flossing enough!:D .

·
la dolce vita
2,316 Posts
For 2 weeks prior to going to the dentist. Works every time. She always tells me I floss so well.

·
Master debator.
8,761 Posts
True dat. I could have perfect teeth, but the dental hygienist would find something. I swear if she could she'd use 120lb test fishing line and brace her foot on my beck so she could floss me properly she would.

·
eminence grease
18,538 Posts
Charlie2Ba said:
Once sometimes twice a day. Flossing regularly makes my biannual visit with my dental hygenist less irritating...less scraping and she doesn't b!tch at me for not flossing enough!:D .
And it's a small price to pay to avoid the nagging.

·
Spicy Dumpling
9,721 Posts
Twice a year... Before each cleaning, I just never got into the habit but they usually don't do much scraping or picking. I forgot that I had my cleaning this morning and was late so I missed the floss and the super-duper-before-the-dentist-tooth-brushing. Luckily I had some altoids in the car to help disguise the coffee breath.

·
Misfit Toy
23,426 Posts
I got the flossing religion after a cleaning from hell at my new dentist's office. I was in pain for a couple of days after. Now I floss every day, usually only once, but I keep those handly little floss/toothpicks for "OMG there is a chunk o' something stuck"

//flossing works...I had a #5 "pocket" by one of my upper molars, it's now a 3. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
277 Posts
Just before I go to the dentist. That way, when the hygenist asks "have you been flossing?" I can truthfully answer "yes I have been".

·
Bikespace member
4,445 Posts
rarely, if ever. the sooner my teeth fall out, the sooner i won't have to worry about whether or not i floss.

·
smell my finger
994 Posts
Each and everytime I use the bathroom..oh I thought you said flush. I told my dental hygenist that I would eat a sleeve of oreo's before coming in so she could really earn her money. I don't floss often enough, once a month possibly but I'm a avid tooth brusher 3x daily minimum.

·
Premium Member
10,106 Posts
Until four years ago, I was one of those people who flossed for a few days before the semi-annual check-up and then slacked off for the rest of the time. Then I had the infection from hell at the root of one of my teeth -- it literally was eating away at my jawbone. After a root canal, bone implant surgery and a follow up surgery, I now have religion when it comes to flossing. I always do it before go to sleep and usually do it after breakfast as well. I'm so paranoid about gum disease or another infection (the area around where had the infection from hell still has the potential for further issues) that I have been considering flossing after lunch, too.

·
Registered
15,615 Posts
A few times/year. It's terrible, but wish there were an easier way. Even got one of those long handled flossing things- doesn't help.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts