Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im going to order a slipstream kit from pearl but im curious on the sizing because it is described as Pro Team form fit, is that the same as form fit? as a reference i wear a large in primal's jerseys but those are club fit and they are snug which i like but this leads me to believe id be an XL in a pro team form fit.

·
Premium Member
3,495 Posts
Slipstream recently announced Garmin as a title sponsor. I'd expect a revised team kit to be launched for the TdF with the Garmin logo being much more prominent. You might want to wait to see the new kit, though it may be a while before it is available at the PI store. Alternatively the older kit might be on close-out soon.

·
Registered
6,422 Posts
Don't...

b24fsb said:
im going to order a slipstream kit from pearl but im curious on the sizing because it is described as Pro Team form fit, is that the same as form fit? as a reference i wear a large in primal's jerseys but those are club fit and they are snug which i like but this leads me to believe id be an XL in a pro team form fit.
Don't be that guy...

·
Registered
339 Posts
Where did you find this stuff "crazy cheap" ?

b24fsb said:
ok thats what i thought, ya i know they are changing sponsors but what i am gettting it for is crazy cheap
Yes, it fits snug, I usually take XL jersey, XL bibs, or sometimes L bibs. I tried on XL jersey, could get it on, but way too tight, got XXL fits nice, just a little loose, but XL was just way too tight. I have a little extra baggage around my middle, but my chest is way bigger (about 10 inches, 46 inch chest, 35-36 waist), jersey fits pretty good. Waiting for the bibs to arrive (they have shipped, from www.velogear.com).

In XXL jersey, and XL bibs, I had to hunt around, just to find the stuff at all (full msrp, $130 for bibs, $100 for jersey). Where did you get it "crazy cheap" ?

Oh yes, I emailed Pearl rep, and he said the new kits won't be available for consumers for some time, they were scrambling just to get the new kits for the pros to use at the TDF.

Doug

·
Registered
6,422 Posts
Maybe, but I doubt it...

edhchoe said:
If more and more people became that guy, there will be less and less of you.:idea:
Maybe, but I doubt it.

Why? I point you to the classic movie PCU (Starring Jeremy Piven), and I quote (as he's talking to Jon Favreau):

"You're wearing the shirt of the band that you're going to see? Don't. Be. That. Guy..."

'Nuff said. Leave the pro kits, for the pros. Maybe it's just that on occasion I ride, and or race with these guys, and it just looks dumb when you show up for a group ride wearing say, a Slipstream kit and one of those guys is actually there, and basically, turns you into a major league Fred. And yes, for the record, I think it's stupid when football fans wear jerseys of their favorite teams, same for baseball, soccer, pick your sport.

·
gastarbeiter
1,524 Posts
magnolialover said:
Maybe, but I doubt it.

Why? I point you to the classic movie PCU (Starring Jeremy Piven), and I quote (as he's talking to Jon Favreau):

"You're wearing the shirt of the band that you're going to see? Don't. Be. That. Guy..."

'Nuff said. Leave the pro kits, for the pros. Maybe it's just that on occasion I ride, and or race with these guys, and it just looks dumb when you show up for a group ride wearing say, a Slipstream kit and one of those guys is actually there, and basically, turns you into a major league Fred. And yes, for the record, I think it's stupid when football fans wear jerseys of their favorite teams, same for baseball, soccer, pick your sport.
bingo.

·
Registered
339 Posts
To wear or not to wear pro kits.

For those of you who don't want to wear pro kits. Fine, don't wear them. I still will wear them when I so chose -- they aren't all I wear, I only have a couple, and a few other pro team jerseys (not the whole "kit", just the jersey), and lots of other non-team cycling clothing.

As for showing up on a ride, and having any actual team riders from any pro team show up, well that is about as likely happening as seeing pigs fly.

To each their own.

Doug

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.