Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw on my freinds bikes that the Capmpy shifters assembly in straight line with the handlebar. Some say that DA Shifters has to be in 90* to the bike - It is correct? Do I need to asssembly like that my DA shifters or like campy or?.

By the way - I use a ram handlebar.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Are you talking about the way the derailleur cables leave the control lever? If so then yes, the campy cables exit the Ergo levers right along the handlebar at the rear of the unit. The Shimano ones exit at the inside surface of the levers parallel to the handlebar and at right angles to the control lever. You can't possibly do it wrong. There is only one way to do it with each brand.

·
Registered
21,832 Posts
Personal comfort

You place the levers on the bars in a position that is personally comfortable for you. There is no "required" position. Typically, due to the different shape of the lever hoods, you will see Shimano levers placed higher on the bars than Campy levers. Again, that is for reasons of personal comfort and preference.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.