Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wondering that, are there any tips to feel more comfortable in the cycling shoe.
I am riding with a carbon soled Shimano R132 and shoes are stiff as hell. Recently I set my cleats again, also did a fitting with hair dryer. Now it fits my feet better. But I am wondering, if there are any other ways to make the shoe better.

I read somewhere that, some football players are wearing two pair of socks. I wonder if anyone tried it on cycling.

·
fu
2,424 Posts
I am wondering that, are there any tips to feel more comfortable in the cycling shoe.
I am riding with a carbon soled Shimano R132 and shoes are stiff as hell. Recently I set my cleats again, also did a fitting with hair dryer. Now it fits my feet better. But I am wondering, if there are any other ways to make the shoe better.

I read somewhere that, some football players are wearing two pair of socks. I wonder if anyone tried it on cycling.
Try a few different brand shoes. Maybe the R132s are simply not for you.

·
Registered
834 Posts
I wear thin socks with my cycling shoes. They help keep your feet cool. They really aren't supporting your weight, they don't need to fit like walking/running shoes. If they are that uncomfortable then you may want to look into other shoes as mentioned.

·
Registered
5,613 Posts
I'd suggest getting your arch height measured - there are some simple ways to do it. Specialized has a mat to stand on, some drugstores have footbed scanners. Even with shoes that are heat moldable, an after-market footbed with adjustable arch support may be needed - esoles is good. Specialized and giro both make ones. You should feel more arch support in your cycling shoe when standing than in a standard shoe.

·
Cranky Old Bastard
2,337 Posts
You must realize that you should try to be much more specific? Figure out where the problems are with your current shoes and then find out how to fix them or what to look for in others.
Are your toes cramped, is the arch too low, are they too narrow, does the heel box not fit your foot, etc.?

Some brands of shoes are known to be narrow, others wider, etc.

I have slightly wide feet with a high arch so when I started shopping for shoes I already had some areas to focus on.
I read reviews to find wider shoes with long arch straps and a roomy toebox and found the best fit I've ever had with a pair of Diadoras.

And Steve, thanks for the arch tip! The liners in my new shoes don't give as much support as I'll probably need; I'll have to check out those foot scanners, thanks!

·
Registered
313 Posts

shoe fit is highly subjective. try a variety of shoes and decide which is the best for you. they're not a one model fits all thing.

also, if you're having trouble with the sole, try those heat moldable soles. might help.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Actually I am not uncomfortable in my shoes. But I feel like it can be better. Thats why I am asking.

Like if custom fit insoles are changing so much in fitting, or something similar like that.

I will also try Specialized shoes in the shop but I don't want to spend so much money on that shopping, where the shoe I can buy will have a less stiff sole.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.