Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Wich detergent would you reccommend me to clean Fizik Antares Microtex cover ? almost forgot it's the white Microtex cover, this saddle gets spots very easily. I think I'm goin to switch it for a black color saddle unless I can get a soft detergent to clean it up.
Any suggestions?

· Banned
7,142 Posts
lockwood1 said:
Wich detergent would you reccommend me to clean Fizik Antares Microtex cover ? almost forgot it's the white Microtex cover, this saddle gets spots very easily. I think I'm goin to switch it for a black color saddle unless I can get a soft detergent to clean it up.
Any suggestions?

Click to Enlarge Photo

· Banned
7,142 Posts
lockwood1 said:
Hi EverydayRide thanks for the suggestion that's exactly the Antares model I have but where can I get that product? Wal-Mart? does it leaves the Microtex cover spotless? Let me know.
You can find the product at Pepboys or AutoZone. You can find it mostly anywhere they sell leather interior products. I know the saddle is "not leather" but the cleaners that are intended to clean leather are less harsh on materials they come in contact with.

If you can't find it, I also use Quick Detailer by Meguire's for not just the seat, for the entire bike frame too. The mission statement is not to use anything too abrasive causing fading or colour loss.

Cheers.

Click to Enlarge Photo

By the way, have you had any issues with the narrow profile of the saddle wearing on the inner thighs of your shorts?

Here's my thread fix here pertaining to the saddle in question specifically.

· Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
EverydayRide said:
You can find the product at Pepboys or AutoZone. You can find it mostly anywhere they sell leather interior products. I know the saddle is "not leather" but the cleaners that are intended to clean leather are less harsh on materials they come in contact with.

If you can't find it, I also use Quick Detailer by Meguire's for not just the seat, for the entire bike frame too. The mission statement is not to use anything too abrasive causing fading or colour loss.

Cheers.

Click to Enlarge Photo

By the way, have you had any issues with the narrow profile of the saddle wearing on the inner thighs of your shorts?

Here's my thread fix here pertaining to the saddle in question specifically.
Thanks again EverydayRide and no, at the moment I haven't had that problem with the narrow nose of the saddle I usually sit in the back of the saddle but I'll keep that in mind.

· Resident Curmudgeon
13,390 Posts
Most of the products above are good cleaners, but I'm not sure they'd remove ink stains. Try H2O2 (hydrogen peroxide) You can get a bottle at any drugstore for around $1.

G

·
I have the same saddle. I had a problem with the dye from my "Cheap" bibs bleeding on the white section of my saddle. Lemon Pledge and a clean towel removed the dye. Just spray it on and let the foam sit for
3-5 minutes, then rub it off. Depending on how sever the stain, it may require two or three applications to get the stuff off. Plus when it dries it leaves a wax coating to repel
the stain from occuring again.

I clean and wax my bike with lemon pledge. It works well and your bike smells fresh too.:thumbsup:

· Honey Smack!
7,990 Posts
I've got a red version of the same saddle (Thanks EveryDayRide!!) and have had a little bit of dye bleed but a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser did a wonderous job of clearing it up for me.

And I haven't had any issues with thigh rub from the rails fortunately.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.