Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Text of e-mail to cable company this morning. I got a call from a rep within about 10 minutes of pressing "send". i am still pizzored

Subj:Reporting bad service

I am extremely disappointed with the level of service I have been receiving, or rather not receiving, from (company omitted). I cannot recall when I have ever in my life been treated as poorly as I have by your company.
First, my internet service went out on February 2, 2009. It was not restored until February 27. I was without service for two weeks, despite repeated calls to your customer service folks, including an eventual escalation to a management level person. As if that was not bad enough, during one of those calls I was told, in no uncertain terms, and more than once that my bill would be adjusted by a prorated amount to compensate for the dates when I had no service. I received my bill yesterday, and it was for the same amount as always, meaning that I was lied to by your representative, either that, or your billing department is so incompetent that they cannot manage to figure out who to bill for what.
To add insufferable (that means really, really bad) insult to an already awful situation, when I attempted to reach a representative to straighten out the situation this morning, my call was cut off by your automated system not once, not twice, but three times this after I had been on hold for fifteen or so minutes each time, and the queue in front of me seemed to be getting shorter. This problem does not bode well for a company that is advertising itself as a telephone service provider as well as a TV and internet provider. I have received better service from airlines and the DMV. You can rest assured that I will be expressing my concerns about the lack of decent service you are providing to my board of supervisors. I am certain that I am not alone in this disappointment. Your monopoly over this essential bit of modern infrastructure is in serious jeopardy if you cannot do any better than what I have experienced.
Be that as it may, here are the pertinent details about my account.
My name is xxxxx xxxxxxxx
My account number is xxxxxxxxxx
my phone number is xxx-xxx-xxxx

this is the best e-mail address to reach me.
I await your resolution to this situation with baited breath.
 

·
Seat's not level
Joined
·
19,372 Posts
Furst !

They already have you on their spam filter...

Don't expect a reply
 

·
Captain Obvious
Joined
·
11,876 Posts
i love when people who come to fix the problem just leave the sticky note saying you weren't home when they showed up even though you haven't left the house the entire time.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
tomk96 said:
i love when people who come to fix the problem just leave the sticky note saying you weren't home when they showed up even though you haven't left the house the entire time.
The note one of the moreons from the cable company left was
"customer not home
need drop
SRO"

Nice!
 

·
banned from the museum
Joined
·
6,622 Posts
We had the same kind of problem for a while. We lived in an area where the developer made a deal with the phone company, and we had no choice. They only let Cox in. Their service sucked, and our phone was $2.00 a month higher than outside of our neighborhood. Unfortunately there was nothing we could do about it, and Cox had no interest in doing anything different. They didn't have to.

I wish I had a solution, but we finally moved (for other reasons) and dropped them like a bad habit.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
7,071 Posts
Sounds like Charter to me...
 

·
Mehpic
Joined
·
8,162 Posts
My Own Private Idaho said:
We had the same kind of problem for a while. We lived in an area where the developer made a deal with the phone company, and we had no choice. They only let Cox in. Their service sucked, and our phone was $2.00 a month higher than outside of our neighborhood. Unfortunately there was nothing we could do about it, and Cox had no interest in doing anything different. They didn't have to.

I wish I had a solution, but we finally moved (for other reasons) and dropped them like a bad habit.
well, now there are lots more options. if you're with T-Mobile, for an extra $10 a month you can get internet, home phone and make your cell service stronger. I think AT&T has something similar.

we're in the process of doing this and dropping cox like a bad habbit. with internet and two phone lines, $10 and better cell service (suburan cell towers can't be built in/around residential) sure beats the pants off of $60.

next change: basic cox tv w/ a dvr: about $60. dish network: $10 for the first 6 months, $22 a month for the remainder of the two year contract...with 2 DVR's....and as I've done installs for them, I get $250 for installing a system on my own house.

win!
 

·
Moderatus Puisne
Joined
·
15,886 Posts
yuck.

I react to the whole cable monopoly thing with a combination of disgust and disinterest -- I'm just happy I don't have cable service.
 

·
Shirtcocker
Joined
·
60,639 Posts
2cflyr said:
well, now there are lots more options. if you're with T-Mobile, for an extra $10 a month you can get internet, home phone and make your cell service stronger. I think AT&T has something similar.
They are all doing it--it's called bundling. Verizon is offering residential phone now also. They hit me up when I got my new cell phones--I turned them down because I already get better concessions through my employer.
 

·
2 busy workin' 2 hang out
Joined
·
12,638 Posts
Bocephus Jones II said:
They are all doing it--it's called bundling. Verizon is offering residential phone now also. They hit me up when I got my new cell phones--I turned them down because I already get better concessions through my employer.
Tangent: love the new avatar. I'd adopt that cat in a heartbeat if it was closer and we didn't already have 3.
 

·
Shirtcocker
Joined
·
60,639 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top