Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am making a new wheel with a velocity deep v rim and an white industries eccentric eno hub. what size (length) spokes do i need? any brand suggestions. also im not making a race bike im converting an old 1988 trek 1200 to a single speed commuter so i dont need like 10 dollar a piece spokes.

also any recomendations for a front hub? still looking for one of those.

thanks in advance

·
Registered
521 Posts
look for online spoke calculators for the right spoke length. Front hub go with anything you can afford really, I haven't had issues with formula hubs and they're about the cheapest of the somewhat decent hubs out there.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
russelr said:
I am making a new wheel with a velocity deep v rim and an white industries eccentric eno hub. what size (length) spokes do i need? any brand suggestions. also im not making a race bike im converting an old 1988 trek 1200 to a single speed converter so i dont need like 10 dollar a piece spokes.

also any recomendations for a front hub? still looking for one of those.

thanks in advance

used an online spoke length calculator myself and that worked fine...also used DT Swiss spokes (easy to find and reasonably priced) for the rear wheel and haven't broke one yet after 5 years of steady riding

1 - 4 of 4 Posts