Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When i turn my bars all the way right or left ithere seems to a little tightness. Not much just a little. I'm thinking my headset might be a bit too tight. My question is how would I loosen it a tad?

my bike is an '04 Specialized with an FSA integrated headset, carbon steeerer,carbon bars and carbon stem.

Thanks.
nick

·
Kant phuckin sphell
650 Posts
Loosen the top cap, loosen the steerer bolts the the stem. Adjust the pre-load with the top cap by tightening the top cap bolt. Make sure the bars are straight then tighten the stem bolts. Might be a good time to take everything apart and lube the bearings.

Did it just happen out of nowhere? Seems weird for a headset to tighten up all by itself.
Usually they loosen.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
it's only the second time i have ridden the bike (bought it used) so I'm not sure if it was adjusted properly from the beginning. although it's used it looks like it was sitting the whole time showing very, very little use. Yes, i do have a torque wrench I just need to find the torque spec for the stem. It's a Giant carbon stem maybe torque specs are on the Giant website.

Thank you very much for the directions.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts