Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am totally bummed. Tore my gastrocnemius (calf muscle) 10 days ago, reinjured it 2 days ago. My PT now says 4 to 6 weeks to recover.

What a time for this to happen:mad: . Early July, building good fitness, some great rides planned for the summer. I thought I might even try some racing. But it doesn't look like that will be happening anytime soon.

I can get back on the bike in a week or so, but no hills, just short rides and light spinning.

Any suggestions as to how I might be able to maintain some fitness while I'm rehabing, so I don't turn into a marshmallow by mid-August?

·
Registered
4,838 Posts
Bertrand said:
I am totally bummed. Tore my gastrocnemius (calf muscle) 10 days ago, reinjured it 2 days ago. My PT now says 4 to 6 weeks to recover.

What a time for this to happen:mad: . Early July, building good fitness, some great rides planned for the summer. I thought I might even try some racing. But it doesn't look like that will be happening anytime soon.

I can get back on the bike in a week or so, but no hills, just short rides and light spinning.

Any suggestions as to how I might be able to maintain some fitness while I'm rehabing, so I don't turn into a marshmallow by mid-August?

Turn into a prune! Go swimming! (You can do that with your bad calf, right?)...:thumbsup:

·
GIMME MY BIKE!
7,787 Posts
Bertrand said:

You won't lose much in a week. Light spinning will keep you from losing more, once that's allowed. Don't sweat it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.