Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pinarello measures seat tube lengths c-c, but I hear it is the center point of where the seat tube meets the top tube. How many cm would you have to add to get to the top of the seat tube or the top of the seatpost collar?

I'm looking at a 50cm Paris or FP3 in the near future, and would like to know if the measurement from center of bb to top of seatpost collar on a 50cm frame is around 53cm. I hear you have to add around 3cm to the measured size to get to the true c-t (including seat post collar) size. Anyone can confirm or clarify? Thanks.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Hi, ping771!

I have the Paris 51.5 cm. The seat tube lendth is 55.5 cm measured from the center of BB to the top of seat tube.
May be it will help...

Good luck!

P. S. Keep in mind that almost all carbon frames (at list at 2006 - 2007) became a bit larger compared to the old aluminium frames (for instanse, I have also the alu Prince 2003 which is 53 cm C-to-C, so it fits the near the same as the Paris 51.5).

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! Holy cow. That's a long seat tube. When you say it is 55.5cm to top of seat tube do you mean that is excluding seat post binder height? That would add another cm. Either way, that may leave me with too little seat post showing on a 50cm since my saddle height is around 68.5cm.

Essentially what you're saying is that on a 50cm the seat tube length is around 54.5, even more if you add in the seat post clamp.

igor-jz said:
Hi, ping771!

I have the Paris 51.5 cm. The seat tube lendth is 55.5 cm measured from the center of BB to the top of seat tube.
May be it will help...

Good luck!

P. S. Keep in mind that almost all carbon frames (at list at 2006 - 2007) became a bit larger compared to the old aluminium frames (for instanse, I have also the alu Prince 2003 which is 53 cm C-to-C, so it fits the near the same as the Paris 51.5).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.