Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently tried to post some pictures of my bike, but I was told by the website that my file size was too big. I had to reduce the file size by reducing resolution and picture size (to get under the 200k limit) and my picture was so grainy and small, you couldn't even tell what brand it was. Yet, I see all of these sharp, full-screen pics posted by other users. How do you do it?

·
classiquesklassieker
3,106 Posts
What format did you use?

dawgcatching said:
I recently tried to post some pictures of my bike, but I was told by the website that my file size was too big. I had to reduce the file size by reducing resolution and picture size (to get under the 200k limit) and my picture was so grainy and small, you couldn't even tell what brand it was. Yet, I see all of these sharp, full-screen pics posted by other users. How do you do it?
With a JPEG compression, you can get good-quality 800x600 photos under 200k, although you may have to reduce the number of colors in the image. JPEG also allows you to tradeoff file size versus compression quality. What software do you use? Most good softwares let you play with picture size, number of colors, and compression schemes / parameters.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts