Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
Can anyone describe to me how to pull an FSA SLK Compact Crankset? I have a bad bottom bracket that needs to be replaced. I'm familiar with pulling cranksets like older Shimano and Campy, but don't have any experience with carbon. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Keith

·
Registered
10,161 Posts
info...

The left side crankarm should have a self-extracting bolt. There's an outer ring around the internal hex. When the bolt is loosened, it pushes against the ring and pushes the left crankarm off. After that, you just pull the right side out, with the spindle.

·
Registered
2,931 Posts
C-40's correct of course regarding the removal, but I highly recommend reading the various post in this forum regarding the re-installation.

As a former FSA SL-K/MegaExo user, how many miles did you get out of your BB before it needed to be replace?

·
Registered
2,931 Posts
Coincidentally, I got 3000 miles out of each of the three I had before I ditched the set up. The last one was even their ceramic bearings version, which I bought because my LBS suggested it would last a lot longer. It didn't.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
I guess I'm one lucky bugger...

My 07 Roubaix Expert came stock the FSA SLK mega-exo crank and I think mine has close to 9000km on the BB. Only issue I had was a slight click developed late last summer. Took the bike into the LBS, they pulled the crank, cleaned it up and re-installed. Click was gone and it's been going strong since.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.