Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Witty custom user title
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Probably a stupid question, but I need to remove a set of hydro brakes from an internally routed frame (selling them along with a group set and going a different direction with this build). Anyway, where do I disconnect the hoses? At the levers? Do I need to tape off the hoses before pulling them through the frame? Anything special i need to consider so I don't make a huge mess or screw up the brake set?

·
Registered
18,303 Posts
Anyway, where do I disconnect the hoses? At the levers?
You can disconnect it at the lever or the caliper. Doesn't matter. Which ever end is easier to pull through the frame. You'll probably have to cut the olive off. The nut won't fit through most internally routed frames.

Do I need to tape off the hoses before pulling them through the frame? Anything special i need to consider so I don't make a huge mess or screw up the brake set?
Drain all the fluid out. Blow some air (gently) through the hose to get most of the remaining oil out. It shouldn't be too messy. I've done it without taping the hose. It's no big deal.

If you're selling it, the buyer is going to likely need new hose. Or replacement olives for the ones you cut off.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Make sure to attach a pull string to the rear hose if you're pulling it out.

Sent from my Lenovo TB-8705F using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts