Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
7,147 Posts
PomPilot said:
Got a crowbar?
Don't ever use a crowbar on presision cycling equipment. Better to clamp the blue bit between a couple of 2X4s with nails, suspend the bike from a rafter beam and then turn the pedals as fast as you can, centrifical force should dislodje the rock. If that doesn't work then spin the pedals faster and jently introduce a hard object , a hammer, to the rock. Works 99% of the time.

·
ok
274 Posts
I remember seeing a while ago a picture of a bicycle wheel made just after WW I in Germany, at a time when rubber was all but unavailable, and it had 2" springs all around.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
excellent idea!

I will ride it through a gravel pit. You know I was going to clean it up a bit but I was afraid somebody would mistake it for a Colnago and steal it.
roscoe said:
don't worry about it, if you keep riding without tires long enough you'll just catch more rocks anyways

·
Registered
82 Posts
I think you are going to need a torch for that one! But be careful not to melt the "Revenge of the NERDS" boots!!!

Good Luck

·
Rollin' Stones
2,560 Posts
Park Tool makes the Shimano rock removal tool. It retails for $39.99. It comes in blue, very nice.

·
Höchstgeschwindigkeit
1,378 Posts
face the rear wheel in the direction of a window, pick up the rear wheel approx 6" off the ground and pedal vigorously. This may require assistance from another boot wearer.

·
A wheelist
11,324 Posts
mimason said:
face the rear wheel in the direction of a window, pick up the rear wheel approx 6" off the ground and pedal vigorously. This may require assistance from another boot wearer.
Knowing my luck the rock would go upwards, right through the crystal chandelier.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Excuse me but that rock was meant for you to use for added traction on rocky terrain. Don't remove it.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts