Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

· Registered
7,164 Posts
PomPilot said:
Got a crowbar?
Don't ever use a crowbar on presision cycling equipment. Better to clamp the blue bit between a couple of 2X4s with nails, suspend the bike from a rafter beam and then turn the pedals as fast as you can, centrifical force should dislodje the rock. If that doesn't work then spin the pedals faster and jently introduce a hard object , a hammer, to the rock. Works 99% of the time.

· ok
275 Posts
I remember seeing a while ago a picture of a bicycle wheel made just after WW I in Germany, at a time when rubber was all but unavailable, and it had 2" springs all around.

· Registered
1,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
excellent idea!

I will ride it through a gravel pit. You know I was going to clean it up a bit but I was afraid somebody would mistake it for a Colnago and steal it.
roscoe said:
don't worry about it, if you keep riding without tires long enough you'll just catch more rocks anyways

· Registered
1,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'll be careful of the boots. You know how hard it is to find Extra Tuff's with clips mounted?
pferreira said:
I think you are going to need a torch for that one! But be careful not to melt the "Revenge of the NERDS" boots!!!

Good Luck

· Rollin' Stones
2,641 Posts
Park Tool makes the Shimano rock removal tool. It retails for $39.99. It comes in blue, very nice.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.