Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9,079 Posts
Chorus Ti

Nessism said:
My first Campy seat post was the Chorus Ti model. Never had a problem other than the bike was stolen!

So using the insurance money I built up a new bike, this time using a Record carbon seat post - looks like the same clamp as the Ti version. This new seat post has been a major pain ever since I bought it. First off it creaks from the saddle clamp area. I don't understand why this seatpost should creak since the clamp is identical to the Chorus version which never gave me any trouble. I even tried a new saddle to make sure this wasn't the problem. Next the seat post stuck in the frame: clear paint stuck fast in the seat tube and took a significant amount of force to get it out. Good news is that the carbon/epoxy seems just fine. In fact, I scraped off the clear paint to make sure the epoxy coat was not damaged - this is the important thing, not the clear paint.

So now I have an expensive seat post which creaks everytime I use it. That is, when I use it. Right now it's sitting in the "spares" box, i.e. "part hell".

Major waste of money.

Ed
The Chorus Ti seatpost is much better than the Record, anyway, in my opinion. It may be the best looking seatpost ever made, except for maybe some old fluted pantographed work of art. But, alas, Chorus has gone carbon, too. Carbon just doesn't have the artsey feel of finely polished metal, does it?

·
Registered
9,079 Posts
schimanski said:
Took the seat post out again today. It already had begun getting stuck in the frame. WTF. The paint/lacquer/whatever on the surface of the seat post has sort of "melted" from the clamp area and I can see it getting stuck there in the future. There might also be a slight crack in the carbon or maybe just a scratch, I don't know.. could be either one by the looks of it.

Next time I'll go for a titanium seat post for sure, this crap ain't worth all the trouble.
Some carbon posts have no coating. I know my USE Alien does not, and never had any getting stuck problems. I can't recall for certain, but I think my Colnago carbon post in my C40 did not, either; in any event, it never got stuck. That's fairly useless info, though, because I think the Colnago post diameter (28 something?) is unique to Colnago bikes.

Doug

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.