Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I want to see what comes up under lower back pain (for the obvious reasons). I don't want to start a new thread because I'm certain this question has been asked over and over again.
The problem is hen I enter the term lower back pain, my result are from the separate words lower, then back, then pain. Actually almost none of these answers addressed my actual question and the first one was in fact about a roof rack!
So I put the phrase in quotes, and now I get the message that my search term is too short.....
So far the search function is not working for me.
suggestions on how to phrase my search better?

note: I posted this on the site feedback group but nobody seems to visit that very often....

·
still shedding season
8,849 Posts
Go to Google. Put this in the search box, exactly this way:

"lower back pain" site:forums.roadbikereview.com

That will look for anything on the boards here about lower back pain. Keep the quotation marks or you'll get anything with either lower, back and/or pain. No spaces between site, the colon and the web address either.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I did that. Nothing actually came up with that specific of a search .

That will look for anything on the boards here about lower back pain. Keep the quotation marks or you'll get anything with either lower, back and/or pain. No spaces between site, the colon and the web address either.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I will give it a try

note: yup, that works, thanks

NOTE: 3maybe 4 posts using that search function. Hard to believe that this is all that's been written up on road bike review on the subject. Oh well, maybe. That didn't really help much unfortunately, but your suggestion was a good one.
I have better luck using google site search

Enter this in Google search-

lower back pain site: roadbikereview.com

Good luck

·
Registered
3,392 Posts

Yea, any of the major search engines, not just google (which I never use).

I actually use this syntax: site:forums.roadbikereview.com "lower back pain"

I don't know why none of these forums (which seem to use the same or similar software) have decent search functions.

·
Get me to In&Out
4,775 Posts
Great post. I was wondering why this isn't a sticky somewhere. The search function here is such poo they should post this to get folks going in the right direction. It would save lots of reposts.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yes, I keep trying it from time to time because I don't like to post questions that have been asked time and time again. anyway, I more or less got my answer of of google (build up core strength, which I figured) but still I was curious as to what members here had to say.
Great post. I was wondering why this isn't a sticky somewhere. The search function here is such poo they should post this to get folks going in the right direction. It would save lots of reposts.

·
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
8,074 Posts
Google is definitely your best bet...Although, if properly manipulated, the RBR search (as well as many other VBulletin searches) can be pretty darn effective, with the added convenience of not having to leave the site.

·
Administrator
12,927 Posts
Moderators Note

Good idea, I have moved it to Site Feedback and renamed it. I will sticky it as well.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Getting post count

is not easy when you have nothing to add to any threads but just want to ask a question.. perhaps I should use a google search to see if it would turn up the answer to my dilemma.. :mad2:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts