Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was lead to Emerson Cargo in UK www.EMSCargo-uk.com
who will act as an escrow for the seller.. is there anyway that I can verify that the so called agent at Emerson Cargo is real.. any experience to share??

Thanks vm
mel
 

·
Arrogant roadie.....
Joined
·
4,232 Posts
Unless you're sending an entire container, you've just lost your money. Chances are, they used this company unwittingly as a "schill" to make their scam sound legit, then re-directed you to a spoof page to send your money. This company you sent a link to is a freight business, not an escrow service.

Please post all correspondance with the seller. We'll let you know for sure. chances are, though, you've been robbed.

Caveat emptor
 

·
NeoRetroGrouch
Joined
·
6,491 Posts
nutrire said:
I was lead to Emerson Cargo in UK www.EMSCargo-uk.com
who will act as an escrow for the seller.. is there anyway that I can verify that the so called agent at Emerson Cargo is real.. any experience to share??

Thanks vm
mel
Use only www.escrow.com. I think your money is history. - TF
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dave_Stohler said:
Unless you're sending an entire container, you've just lost your money. Chances are, they used this company unwittingly as a "schill" to make their scam sound legit, then re-directed you to a spoof page to send your money. This company you sent a link to is a freight business, not an escrow service.

Please post all correspondance with the seller. We'll let you know for sure. chances are, though, you've been robbed.

Caveat emptor
Thank you all for the kind responses. I have not made any payment yet....below are the sellers mail..


Like i said before . EMS is a escrow/shipment company
and thats the most secure way to deal . Escrow is
better than paypal because if you go at
www.paypalwarning.com you will see some things that
you wont like. I already sent you the list of the
items. and i and the EMS are waiting from 3 days ago
that you go forward with the payment. They wont ship
you the bike before you send them the payment. If you
will not like the bike you can return it to them and
they will refund you. I wont see any money before you
agree that you like the bike that you will receive. So
we are both secure. If the bike is what you aspected
you tell them to pay me. If you dont like the bike you
return it and you get refunded.

Kind regards,

> > By the way i emailed the shipment company and they
> > told me that you didnt make the payment yes. What
> is
> > happening?
> > > > Thats for the case that large amounts of money
> are
> > > > involved. I was cheated by dealing directly
> with
> > > > buyers and that is why i use now this way of
> > > dealing.
> > > > This way you dont send nothing to me. You send
> the
> > > > money to the shipment company cashier . After
> you
> > > do
> > > > that they will verify the payment and send you
> the
> > > > unit. You test the unit and after that you
> email
> > > them
> > > > to give me my money... i wont see any money
> before
> > > you
> > > > will get your item i will only receive my
> money
> > > after
> > > > you aprove .
> > > > > To complete the process of an
> operation of
> > > > > buying and selling using
> > > > > EMS Cargo Company for delivery you have to
> > > follow
> > > > > the next steps:
> > > > >
> > > > > Step 1:
> > > > > The shipper create an operation of
> buying
> > > and
> > > > > selling, EMS Cargo
> > > > > notifies al receiver
> > > > > Step 2:
> > > > > The buyer sends the money to EMS Cargo
> and
> > > we
> > > > > notifies to the shipper.
> > > > > Step 3:
> > > > > The shipper send the shipment directly
> to
> > > the
> > > > > buyer.
> > > > > Step 4:
> > > > > The receiver inspects and if he
> accepts
> > > the
> > > > > shipment,pay the rest of
> > > > > the money
> > > > > Step 5:
> > > > > EMS Cargo sends the money to the
> shipper.
> > > > > > > > I am only waiting for your name and
> > > address as
> > > > > i
> > > > > > > > contacted them too and they are ready
> to
> > > come
> > > > > and
> > > > > > > pick
> > > > > > > > up the bike and ship it. If you will
> send
> > > me
> > > > > you
> > > > > > > name
> > > > > > > > and address today they can ship today.
 

·
Arrogant roadie.....
Joined
·
4,232 Posts
Let me guess-you are supposed to send the money by Western Union to the shipping company, correct? If so, Western Union doesn't care who picks up money, as long as they have the code for the payment. Any mugu in Nigeria knows that scam.

FWIW, a company such as this cargo company wouldn't deal with packages-they are a shipping company. Large crates, containers, etc. Also, freight companies as a rule don't deal with payment. That's the job of banks and money lenders.

The wording on this correspondence is typical of African or eastern European scams. There is no bike, and any money you send will be lost.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dave_Stohler said:
Let me guess-you are supposed to send the money by Western Union to the shipping company, correct? If so, Western Union doesn't care who picks up money, as long as they have the code for the payment. Any mugu in Nigeria knows that scam.

FWIW, a company such as this cargo company wouldn't deal with packages-they are a shipping company. Large crates, containers, etc. Also, freight companies as a rule don't deal with payment. That's the job of banks and money lenders.

The wording on this correspondence is typical of African or eastern European scams. There is no bike, and any money you send will be lost.

Thanks Dave,
I have just asked the seller if he would consider escrow.com , lets see what happened.
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
12,940 Posts
It's a scam better to simply walk away.
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top