Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Not Banned
49,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so I get to squeak out of work early Thursday and get some surf in. get to the coast,get ready paddle out, sunny nice waves. well overhead. get some good ones, fog starts rolling in. still kinda fun but surface is getting some chop. anyhow keep surfing,get tired, get out. when I get back tomy car, someone has broken in and stolen my wallet, phone, watch and keys (I have the car key) a pair of sandals and some warm up pants. Mother F-er!!!!
oh and they took my towel to wrap upthe goods. File a report, go home, call all the necessary folks to cancel whatever. ruinsmy evening taking care of all the BS. Kid gets sick and I'm up all night with her (which ain't so bad, cause she's fun to hang with even screaming)
anyhow, no sleep.have to stay home and change the house locks, take the kid to the doctors, finish up all the theft crap and now I have to work on Saturday cause there's an emergency.

phuuuuckkkkkk!!!!!!

·
remodeling...me
4,177 Posts
Oh man, I am so sorry to hear that. What a way to kill a beautiful moment, hate theives.

·
a jumped up pantry boy
1,784 Posts
hopefully your karma is cleared up for a bit.

this summer i went out to my car to go get some gas. i get in, and think my doors not shut becuase i can hear the wind. then i look over and i have no passenger window. glass everywhere. some ass decided to drive down the street and shoot out my freakin window. besides being costly, finding a window for a 30 year old car is no fun.

karma will eventually catch up with the mofo who busted into your car, it always does. ruining someones weekend has a big karma penalty. hopefully when it does catch up he thinks "man, i shouldnt have busted into that guys car"

·
Not Banned
49,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well I'm considering myself lucky

as this was a high traffic area. always people hanging out checking the surf. so they musta just slim jim'd it quick and grabbed what was easiest without hanging too long. they didn't grab some other thing sthat would have been far more painful and harder to replace. I think due to visibility, they just did a quick grab and go.

·
a jumped up pantry boy
1,784 Posts
atpjunkie said:
as this was a high traffic area. always people hanging out checking the surf. so they musta just slim jim'd it quick and grabbed what was easiest without hanging too long. they didn't grab some other thing sthat would have been far more painful and harder to replace. I think due to visibility, they just did a quick grab and go.
one time i went surfing after i shaved my legs like an hour before. i didnt realize till i was putting on my wetsuit. i just figure i owe that one to karma.

ps. wetsuits fit cyclist pretty goofy

·
The Original and The Best
1,294 Posts
Ohhh, man, ATP. That totally sucks. They even took your pants! What kind of ******* would take a guy's pants while he's out surfing, for crying out loud?!

That's great that they did not take anything more valuable. But what were your wallet, phone, watch, and keys doing out visible anyway? Thieves are like bears. If they see something that even looks like it *might* be interesting, they'll tear the car open to get it.

Keep everything hidden, all the time. Or be like me and never go out. Ever. :rolleyes: :D

·
here comes trouble
10,045 Posts
That sucks, atp. My truck was broken into this summer, passenger side window shattered and the dash ripped apart for a $100 stereo. Like it was anything special. I still feel violated sometimes when I notice my old stereo missing. Plus, it pretty much ruined my weekend.

·
a jumped up pantry boy
1,784 Posts
Gig 'em said:
That sucks, atp. My truck was broken into this summer, passenger side window shattered and the dash ripped apart for a $100 stereo. Like it was anything special. I still feel violated sometimes when I notice my old stereo missing. Plus, it pretty much ruined my weekend.
do people still steal radios?

·
here comes trouble
10,045 Posts
Apparently so in Texas. 5 on my block somewhere within a 5 hour window during peak cop monitory time. I was pretty impressed.

·
Downhill Juggernaut
1,668 Posts
So does this mean they have your house keys and your address from your wallet?

Might invest in some new locks...

·
My back hurts
4,862 Posts
That sucks ass. Years ago I was down in Mexico. Late one night I decided to do a little night swimming with a chica friend. We stripped down and swam for a while. When we hit the beach, <i>everything</i> was gone except my boxers and t-shirt: her purse, her clothes, my wallet. I put on the boxers and gave her the t-shirt and we made a mad run for my car. Getting your gear swiped is just no good.

·
Banned
4,302 Posts
atpjunkie said:
so I get to squeak out of work early Thursday and get some surf in. get to the coast,get ready paddle out, sunny nice waves. well overhead. get some good ones, fog starts rolling in. still kinda fun but surface is getting some chop. anyhow keep surfing,get tired, get out. when I get back tomy car, someone has broken in and stolen my wallet, phone, watch and keys (I have the car key) a pair of sandals and some warm up pants. Mother F-er!!!!
oh and they took my towel to wrap upthe goods. File a report, go home, call all the necessary folks to cancel whatever. ruinsmy evening taking care of all the BS. Kid gets sick and I'm up all night with her (which ain't so bad, cause she's fun to hang with even screaming)
anyhow, no sleep.have to stay home and change the house locks, take the kid to the doctors, finish up all the theft crap and now I have to work on Saturday cause there's an emergency.

phuuuuckkkkkk!!!!!!
Bad bad bad. Sorry to hear this ATP.

·
Super Moderator
19,478 Posts
Oh man, that's terrible. Be on the lookout in the next few weeks for identity theft. Hope the little tyke's okay. :(

·
Windrider (Stubborn)
22,021 Posts
Man that sucks.....

Was it down in LaJolla? One of those "silver spoon" a holes?

Nothin' worse than to be reminded that there are bad people in the world.

At least no one was hurt.

Len

·
Soon to be banned
14,475 Posts
Dude, that sucks big time!

Last time they got me I went for a run around the lake b4 work one morning. Came back, took a shower, got dressed, go back outside and my car is gone! D'oh! I didn't even notice it was gone b4 my run. :eek:

Call the police and they come take the report. Then the cop says "sorry to have to tell you this, but I have to arrest you now." I'm like whaaaaat???? He said I had an unpaid parking ticket and the judge issue a warrant. Talk about adding insult to injury. I didn't know they could do that over a parking ticket? Anyway, the cop and I kinda laughed all the way to police station.

Hope they catch the f'ers! Hope the little one's feeling better too!

·
Beetpull DeLite
12,748 Posts
yarble said:
do people still steal radios?
Mine was grabbed a few months back. Part of it's my fault...I'd become complacent and had stopped removing my faceplate at night. They got in without breaking a window and trashed my car's dash kit, and took the stereo, a mini Maglite, and $5 in change. Ah well...never was too fond of that stereo anyway.

The worst part was when they tore my rear seat frame from where it mounts to the car, I guess to see if I had some more equipment in the trunk. There's a special place in hell for theives.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts