Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Get me to In&Out
4,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got out of bed and was getting ready to hit the road when I looked out the window and saw it snowing...again. I live in freakin New Mexico! It is supposed to be sunny 300 days a year here, not snowing. Oh well, I am all dressed up, so I may as well break out the trainer for now. Wifey is at work so I can put it in the living room and watch a dvd at least.

·
BS the DC
1,422 Posts
I was all ready for a ride this afternoon. It was suppose to be cloudy and 70 degrees with a chance of rain this evening. The rained showed up early. I'm bummed.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Sunny and 55 in Seattle (who would've thought?)

I've been on the trainer most of Jan & Feb, but occasionally we get these clear days and I jump at the chance to commute home.

spookyload said:
I just got out of bed and was getting ready to hit the road when I looked out the window and saw it snowing...again. I live in freakin New Mexico! It is supposed to be sunny 300 days a year here, not snowing. Oh well, I am all dressed up, so I may as well break out the trainer for now. Wifey is at work so I can put it in the living room and watch a dvd at least.

·
Premium Member
20,473 Posts
bsdc said:
I was all ready for a ride this afternoon. It was suppose to be cloudy and 70 degrees with a chance of rain this evening. The rained showed up early. I'm bummed.
Keep it down there.... They're saying rain at about 7:00pm tonight. I can't ride for another three hours and I'm hoping I can get a ride in before they skys open. Temps are in the 70's

·
BS the DC
1,422 Posts
It's going to be close. Most of the rain is north of Austin and heading for Waco.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Right now, it's 59 and mostly sunny. Current plan is to hit the door as close to five as possible without looking like a clock-watcher, ride home (I commute), swap bikes, and hit it until sundown (dark around 7 PM).

Ride in was 55, dark, with wet streets. I wasn't hitting it particularly hard (12.9 mph average (normal is around 14 (hybrid bike (~30 lbs), heavy pack on my back, half asleep), and had to stop to to vote on the way. Still, today will be my first round-trip commute all year (before, bussed in, biked out).

·
Registered
10 Posts
finally nice in new england

spookyload said:
It has been getting warmer and warmer in new england. Yeah!

·
Devoid of all flim-flam
7,310 Posts
Mostly cloudy, showers, high fifties in LA. Yesterday I took a lunchtime ride. Got caught in rain. It was fun.

·
Registered
656 Posts
perfect

this morning was ideal. in the 50s, and light wind. headwind on the way out and a light tailwind on the way home and clear after-storm skies. beautiful. nobody was out because it poured last night and the streets were pooled with water and were slick and dangerous as hell, but it just makes fast corners more exciting. (fear = something you need to experience at least once each day) plus, my theory is this: the wet roads are slick, so there is less friction between the asphalt and your tires, so you go faster. ideal riding conditions for me are no wind and pouring rain (emotionally eliminates half the competition before anybody even clips in) i think lance coined the term "suffering weather".......he's onto something there......i dont understand why people hide inside when it rains......go buy beach cruisers......you are pitiful.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I can't believe it. I'm in New England, and it's been in the 50's for the last five days. I'm in heaven! Yesterday I was out there in bib shorts for the first time this year (55). I'm psyched! Remind me of this in a week when it snows like a *******, ok?

:D

-OwMyNads

·
Roadbikereview member
192 Posts
San Jose, CA

Sunny 60-65 dry roads, need only arm warmers in late afternoon. :) Great sunset.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.