Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All,

I recently aquired a Trek 5500 with a pair of Rolf Sestriere wheels. They needed some truing so I took care of it but the tension seemed very low. I am used to 3 cross 32 or 36 spoke wheels so paired spokes are kind of foreign.

I emailed Trek about the spoke tension and they sent me reading based on the Hozan deflection gauge. Does anyone know what the conversoin is to get that number to Kgf or the corresponding park tool tension gauge number?

0.80-1.10 on the Hozan for the front
0.85-1.15 on the Hozan for the RDS

Thanks.

Ryan

· NeoRetroGrouch
6,493 Posts
rlmeskimen said:
All,

I recently aquired a Trek 5500 with a pair of Rolf Sestriere wheels. They needed some truing so I took care of it but the tension seemed very low. I am used to 3 cross 32 or 36 spoke wheels so paired spokes are kind of foreign.

I emailed Trek about the spoke tension and they sent me reading based on the Hozan deflection gauge. Does anyone know what the conversoin is to get that number to Kgf or the corresponding park tool tension gauge number?

0.80-1.10 on the Hozan for the front
0.85-1.15 on the Hozan for the RDS

Thanks.

Ryan
Here is some info, though it is a couple orders of magnitude different that your numbers. - TF

http://newsgroups.derkeiler.com/Archive/Rec/rec.bicycles.tech/2005-08/msg04278.html

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.