Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a HRM watch that does not require a chest strap and I don't want to have to put my fingers on it to get my pulse.

Is there such a creature out there?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've also been looking for a HRM watch and tried the Mio Alpha but found it to be inaccurate and very erratic. It would fluctuate wildly during my workouts to the point of being unusable. I tried using it on different arms, with different degrees of tightness and even positioned it on the inside of my wrists to no avail. I ended up returning it thinking that I had a defective unit but unfortunately got the same inaccurate results with the replacement. I'm back to using my chest strap monitor -- not the most comfortable or convenient but much more reliable.

·
'brifter' is f'ing stupid
15,670 Posts
I took your advice and got one with a strap. But I think technology is going the way of strapless continuous heart rate monitor watches. It is here but expensive and inaccurate at this time.
and the strap units are cheap and very accurate. why bother going to a watch? what's the big deal?

·
Master debator.
8,816 Posts
The gf has really wanted one, the strap bothers her as she has large breasts and most every strap she has chafes when running. I won't pay the $199 for the Mio though.
(No, I'm not bragging about her large breasts, I prefer women with smaller breasts myself but I tough it out)

·
Banned
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The gf has really wanted one, the strap bothers her as she has large breasts and most every strap she has chafes when running. I won't pay the $199 for the Mio though.
(No, I'm not bragging about her large breasts, I prefer women with smaller breasts myself but I tough it out)
It's ok, I can take this kind of bragging.

·
Registered
7,934 Posts
Late, but for anyone else. Works with your mart phone. Very accurate.

Scosche Rhythm Pulse Monitor

Easy to use, Bluetooth enabled

NEW - The Scosche Rhythm Pulse Monitor is the second generation heart rate monitor that is both Bluetooth compatible and approved for use with the iPhone, iPad & Android. Track your fitness with Digifit and keep your Rhythm!

View attachment 280552

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.